User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Strut top bushes/bearing sourcing.

Outside Berlin, formerly Newmarket Suffolk
    Thanks

Strut top bushes/bearing sourcing.

Can anyone tell me where i can get replacement bushes/bearings (alteration to stock i know) for the strut tops on a Mk1/Mk2?

I am rebuilding my struts and my bushes are completely shot and i cannot accept these are not serviceable items?

Before anyone says to get excentric, grp4, aluminium ones...I live in Germany and the dreaded TÜV (MOT) my car will have to go through means ANYTHING thats not stock ford factory MUST have a TÜV certificate to qualify them for road use.

Most UK sourced modified parts are not as they dont need to and the market in Germany/Austria/Switzerland for them is tiny to warrant the expense of having them tested.

Thanks for understanding and helping chaps!
    Click image for larger version Name:	download (3).jpg Views:	50 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	85072

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Strut top bushes/bearing sourcing.

I don't think they are available new, but why not just replace them with 2nd hand ones the same as yours? There's plenty of them around on Ebay. Never seen a worn out set.

I doubt you can rebuild yours if that's what you mean by "serviceable" - it's rubber poured in to the body with a metal sleeve inside. The rubber won't easily push out - I'd say it's in for life.
    Last edited by HonkyWhiteTrash; 05-02-2020 at 11:40.

Closed Thread