User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

  1. #1
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    With a Heavy heart I am thinking of putting my project up for sale.
    Mk1 2 door Airflow Mk1 cortina GT Shell has had completely refurbished with:
    New inner and outer sills
    New floors
    Mint doors
    2 excellent metal wings
    New bonnet excellent boot.
    Genuine GT car in primer.
    I have everything to put this car back in the road glass quarter bumpers.
    Complete GT trim and all GT Clocks..
    Mint rebuilt 2000e bullet gearbox with proper lotus gear lever and correct center console.
    Big header tank Mk1 rad.
    Two 7Ē banded steels. 2 6Ē banded Steels not been in road since refurbishment with tyres. New rear and rear quarter GT badges.
    Les Leston steering wheel.
    Powder coated axle, tramp bars, and escort crossmember, (rack conversion)
    3:77 diff
    WPE (oringinal Anglia engine) lotus blocked 1760 pre cross flow screamer.
    With new Weber twin 45ís on Powdercoated derrington port matches manifold,
    Bespoke big wing wing sump,
    4:1 mass manifold.
    New Dizzy with correct advance curve(Checked and refreshed by Wayne) new clutch and refaced flywheel.
    New from Gaz golds fronts and Gaz rear shocks.
    New V5 in my name.
    Lucky enough to have a 2002Tii that Iím going turbo power with now and can see me finishing this first but need funds for engine and paint work. Cortina Will need prep and painting and £10k will buy the lot with 100ís of spare. Will need back bumper and headlining have the old one with bars) new brake and fuel lines.
    Have loads of pictures that I can email or share 07950599568




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  2. #2
    Formerly harrier mk2 Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber
    Fridgeman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,672
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by cossymax View Post
    With a Heavy heart I am thinking of putting my project up for sale.
    Mk1 2 door Airflow Mk1 cortina GT Shell has had completely refurbished with:
    New inner and outer sills
    New floors
    Mint doors
    2 excellent metal wings
    New bonnet excellent boot.
    Genuine GT car in primer.
    I have everything to put this car back in the road glass quarter bumpers.
    Complete GT trim and all GT Clocks..
    Mint rebuilt 2000e bullet gearbox with proper lotus gear lever and correct center console.
    Big header tank Mk1 rad.
    Two 7Ē banded steels. 2 6Ē banded Steels not been in road since refurbishment with tyres. New rear and rear quarter GT badges.
    Les Leston steering wheel.
    Powder coated axle, tramp bars, and escort crossmember, (rack conversion)
    3:77 diff
    WPE (oringinal Anglia engine) lotus blocked 1760 pre cross flow screamer.
    With new Weber twin 45ís on Powdercoated derrington port matches manifold,
    Bespoke big wing wing sump,
    4:1 mass manifold.
    New Dizzy with correct advance curve(Checked and refreshed by Wayne) new clutch and refaced flywheel.
    New from Gaz golds fronts and Gaz rear shocks.
    New V5 in my name.
    Lucky enough to have a 2002Tii that Iím going turbo power with now and can see me finishing this first but need funds for engine and paint work. Cortina Will need prep and painting and £10k will buy the lot with 100ís of spare. Will need back bumper and headlining have the old one with bars) new brake and fuel lines.
    Have loads of pictures that I can email or share 07950599568




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow didnít think you would let this one go Mark 😳😳
    EVERY DAY,S A LEARNING DAY

  3. #3
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    I canít store it Mark, and have the new car to store and that needs funds for work I want to do.
    Also spent the money I had to paint this to buy the 2002. Wanted it for years and I have got it now have it up and running. Got one person who wants the running gear and fella wants the car. So if they can raise the funds it will go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to cossymax For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    World Champion Decade Plus User meXEco's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    TRURO
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,083
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 162 Times in 156 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Gutted mate - thinking of selling mine also - been down Trev's probably 10 years now and still not touched - kinda losing interest to be honest.


    '68 1100 Deluxe-bog stock soon to be a twincam rep.


  6. #5
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by meXEco View Post
    Gutted mate - thinking of selling mine also - been down Trev's probably 10 years now and still not touched - kinda losing interest to be honest.
    He did some work on one of my old cars that was there, he is good but he donít get time to work on them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  7. #6
    World Champion Decade Plus User meXEco's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    TRURO
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,083
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 162 Times in 156 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    I know mate not saying owt bad about him his work is awesome its just he's too busy lol. Will have to go see him soon try and egg him on a bit


    '68 1100 Deluxe-bog stock soon to be a twincam rep.


  8. #7
    I support TS Turbosport Subscriber chrisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    cyprus
    Age
    37
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by meXEco View Post
    I know mate not saying owt bad about him his work is awesome its just he's too busy lol. Will have to go see him soon try and egg him on a bit
    Order loads of parts from Trevor and after 2 years still waiting a few parts. A genuine guy with loads of knowledge, just toooooo busy

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisis For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    Graham's Avatar
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ely, Cambs
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,066
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 1,972 Times in 1,842 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    , just toooooo busy
    oh i know that one, i spend about 80 hours a week working, but still cant get everything done. Even when the workshop is actually quiet, keeping 4 other guys sorted and attending to customers and suppliers means it can take me days to get around to doing the most simple jobs
    Last edited by Graham; 15-02-2020 at 09:51.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    So I have purchased my BMW, I do have someone interested in the car with everything, but he is away. Once he has looked at it if he donít have it will consider selling rolling shell with all parts as I have someone who wants the Running gear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cossymax For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.







    Prep work being done, also going into primer. Be sad to see this go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  15. #11
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.







    Ready now for its new owner to choose a colour to paint it. Although with whatís going on it may go into storage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  16. #12
    I support TS Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber
    alladdin's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    s.wales
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,576
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 382 Times in 377 Posts

    Re: MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    i cant see the last 2 sets of pics

  17. #13
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by alladdin View Post
    i cant see the last 2 sets of pics
    Itís seems to be fine, try logging out and back in maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  18. #14
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Weíll deposit taken and will hopefully be picked up next week 🤞


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

  19. #15
    World Champion Decade Plus User cossymax's Avatar

    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Barking Essex
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,910
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 267 Times in 242 Posts

    MK1 Cortina 2door GT Airflow.

    Been collected by the new keeper. Thank you for your interest 👍


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Old skool forever
    Just don`t tell the wife
    how much it really costs!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts