User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zetec C/R

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Zetec C/R

Been googling and cant find anwer, what c/r is in silvertop zetec when using "RS 0.6mm" headgasket? Found that normally headgasket is 1.8mm on silvertop, and C/R is 10:1(?).
    And i suppose, using st170 rods and pistons wont change it.. ?

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Zetec C/R

Quote Originally Posted by yhh0k8efk65 View Post
    Been googling and cant find anwer, what c/r is in silvertop zetec when using "RS 0.6mm" headgasket? Found that normally headgasket is 1.8mm on silvertop, and C/R is 10:1(?).
    at a guess it will give you a ratio higher but i would of thought theres every chance st170 pistons will change it. the thing with engine compression ratios is you need to measure stuff and work out volumes, not something google can do for you.

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Don't forget to check valve to piston clearances when using a thinner head gasket. Never assume anything.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    at a guess it will give you a ratio higher but i would of thought theres every chance st170 pistons will change it. the thing with engine compression ratios is you need to measure stuff and work out volumes, not something google can do for you.
    i know but as the engine is already put together, were just wondering if someone had measured theirs, cant just find any realible combustion chamber etc. data, and apparently they are different in U.S models etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_rallying View Post
    Don't forget to check valve to piston clearances when using a thinner head gasket. Never assume anything.
    got engine for free from friend, mounted it on sierra, i just spun it with hand for few rotations and now driven 400 kilometers, just wondering the accurate C/R, i assume its around 11? its been driven on 0.9bar boost now for 400 miles ( E85 as fuel) and havent noticed knock yet.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

I have build a silvertop using te 0,6mm gasket.
    If i remember right CR was around 10.9:1
    With plenty space for lift @ TDC, more then 3mm if I recall

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

and apparently they are different in U.S models etc..

so how the hell are we supposed to be able to answer your question then? we dont know where your engines from! you have an engine from we dont know where, with a thinner head gasket and different pistons to standard, it really could be anywhere.

if you have driven 400km on boost its probably ok, baring in mind the E85 is detonation resistant, but you really are going to have to take it apart and measure it if you want to know, especially as if its been to bits the block or head may of already been skimmed!

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Hmmmm! If it has got 11:1 CR and it is surviving 12 odd psi boost, just pray you never run out of E85 as that is likely the ONLY thing keeping it alive! It's probably a lovely responsive engine off boost but the CR is boost restricting it - i'd suggest dropping 1 ratio at least to between 9.5 - 10:1 and lean on the turbo if its capable. But there again if the current output is acceptable, you can live with it........................if you don't run out of fuel LOL!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haadee View Post
    I have build a silvertop using te 0,6mm gasket.
    If i remember right CR was around 10.9:1
    With plenty space for lift @ TDC, more then 3mm if I recall
    Ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Hmmmm! If it has got 11:1
    CR and it is surviving 12 odd psi boost, just pray you never run out of E85 as that is likely the ONLY thing keeping it alive! It's probably a lovely responsive engine off boost but the CR is boost restricting it - i'd suggest dropping 1 ratio at least to between 9.5 - 10:1 and lean on the turbo if its capable. But there again if the current output is acceptable, you can live with it........................if you don't run out of fuel LOL!
    Yeah i know, government is pushing people to use e85, because a lot of old cars in traffic and they "need to" drop emissions, i even get 200 euros after next MOT because its using E85.. So im pretty sure we're not running out of it.
    My friend who gave me the engine had decomp plate bought for it, i tried that at first but it leaked..

+ Reply to Thread