User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pinto advice

Bodger

Thanks

Pinto advice

bit of planning ahead so i can source parts over the summer ready for a winter rebuild in my quest for more power
    at the moment my engine spec is
    standard pinto 205 block with hp hc oil pump
    skimmed injection head with reworked and raised inlet ports, 45.5 inlet 38.1 valves
    fr32 cam
    twin 45 Dellortos
    janspeed 4 branch manifold
    not sure of the CR

the engine was put together by myself 4 years ago and made 151 bhp on the rollers and hasn't been touched since

the car also runs a mazda 6 speed gearbox and a 4.6 diff and is used mainly hillclimbs and sprints in the rally car class with the odd jolly so not wanting to go to silly having power I can`t make the most off .
    so any suggestions were my time and money is best spent for a bit more power I have been looking at cams like the Kent FR33 ,RL31 and the Newman phase $.5 but not sure which or what gain there is ?

any advice would be greatfull
    cheers chris

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Pinto advice

without knowing what cr you have now its more difficult to advise, but im guess ing you probably have 10.1 or there abouts, adding half a ratio and switching to an Rl31 or similar should push the power up the rev by around 500rpm and allow it to rev on a lot better at a guess you would probably see 15-20 bhp more

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Pinto advice

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    without knowing what cr you have now its more difficult to advise, but im guess ing you probably have 10.1 or there abouts, adding half a ratio and switching to an Rl31 or similar should push the power up the rev by around 500rpm and allow it to rev on a lot better at a guess you would probably see 15-20 bhp more

Thanks Graham

+ Reply to Thread