User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duratec camshaft lift profile

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Duratec camshaft lift profile

This is a bit of a long shot, and a cross post from Locostbuilders. They suggested I ask here:

I have two requests but since they're related I’ll put them both in the same thread. I am building a project car which is duratec powered. I have a 2.3 engine with a Cosworth bottom end and a C30-94 Rotrex charger. I'm targeting 400 bhp at the crank.

Request one: Does anyone have a spare "high port" duratec cylinder head which they'd consider selling? Could be just the bare casting or a fully build head, I would be happy with either.

Request two. I've built a 1D simulation model of the engine to help me to design the Plenum (volume), intake lengths, choose camshaft specification etc. The crucial information, which I still miss, is a realistic CAM profile. I have emailed both Piper and Kent to ask for a lift profile but neither were willing to supply the data (despite it being something which can easily be measured from the parts). So firstly, does anyone already have this data for one of the following profiles?:

Kent DTEC2370, 2350, 2560, 2580…
    Piper DUR2170, DURBP300, DURBP285…

Or failing that, does anyone have a set of these Cams which I could measure? I have a CNC mill with a touch probe + dividing head. I'm near Peterborough (Lincolnshire). I am fairly sure if I could accurately measure one of these profiles I could then scale it to generate the other profiles.

Thanks in advance.

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Re: Duratec camshaft lift profile

I would suggest phoning Newman Cams up with your request as I have found them to be a lot more helpful than both of the two companies you have mentioned.

I would have thought scrap yards would be full of Duratecs by now so that might be an ideal place to look for a high port head.

+ Reply to Thread