User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technicall Info

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Technicall Info

Hi

I am new here but have been around engines for longer than I care to remember.

I have searched the internet but cannot find the standard dimensions for both the Inlet and Exhaust ports on the 1600 Xflow cylinder head.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Technicall Info

Quote Originally Posted by BritRacer View Post
    Hi

I am new here but have been around engines for longer than I care to remember.

I have searched the internet but cannot find the standard dimensions for both the Inlet and Exhaust ports on the 1600 Xflow cylinder head.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    you wont, because they vary from head to head and they also taper along there length so how big they are depends on what head and port you pick and where you measure it.

so why are you asking anyway?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

I have the opportunity go and look at a couple of cylinder heads . I checked with Burtons regarding the difference between 1300/1600 heads and they informed me only difference were the ports.(Thank you for your enquiry, other then the port size both the 1.3 and 1.6 x/flow heads are exactly the same. The heads are interchangeable.)

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BritRacer View Post
    I have the opportunity go and look at a couple of cylinder heads . I checked with Burtons regarding the difference between 1300/1600 heads and they informed me only difference were the ports.(Thank you for your enquiry, other then the port size both the 1.3 and 1.6 x/flow heads are exactly the same. The heads are interchangeable.)
    thats not quite true! there are differing valve sizes depending on what it was originally fitted to. but ultimately all heads will interchange 1100cc included. early heads had a shallow combustion chamber.

Thanks

Have a look for Formula Ford 1600 specifications / rules. They have to use standard GT valves and ports and the dimensions are listed there. As Graham has said, if the heads are unmodified, there are std and Gt flat heads, std and GT chambered heads. On the flat heads there is a two digit casting number near the valve stems, IIRC there is a 33 and a 37 but I cant remember which is the GT valve & port size.

+ Reply to Thread