User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Base Map for Zetec

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Base Map for Zetec

Hi guys,

I’m in need of a base map for a 2.0 zetec blacktop on jenvey throttle bodies and Bosch cream injectors. I will be using tunerstudio MS2 mapping software.

If anyone has a map I could have that would be ace as it’s the only thing stopping my build from running.

Thanks
    Andy

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Base Map for Zetec

Er - what ECU are you using - Megasquirt I guess? A google search came up with plenty of info - even if its not exact it should get the thing running.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 105e_wilson View Post
    Hi guys,

I’m in need of a base map for a 2.0 zetec blacktop on jenvey throttle bodies and Bosch cream injectors. I will be using tunerstudio MS2 mapping software.

If anyone has a map I could have that would be ace as it’s the only thing stopping my build from running.

Thanks
    Andy
    xe map will work, in fact just about any map will run an engine, just like a carb engine will run on almost any jetting

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys. It’s an MTech V4 ECU so like a megasquirt I think. I have seen there are plenty of posts about this but it’s just a file I’m after. There are no posts that are from around this time they are all around 10 to 15 years old. If any of you have a map file I could have that would be perfect. Thanks

Thanks

There are no posts that are from around this time they are all around 10 to 15 years old. If any of you have a map file I could have that would be perfect. Thanks
    A base map wont have changed in the last 10-15yrs. Like Graham says, it doesnt take much to get an engine running. Even if you can't find a file, plenty of images of maps floating about and it doesnt take long to punch in the information, if anything its a better way of learning (Assume you must be new to this otherwise you'd either have some files you could recycle or you'd be able to whip up a base map quickly).

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Yeah a complete newby. Just worried about frying the engine so wanted a map that I knew worked already. I’ll ask round thanks guys.

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Yeah a complete newby. Just worried about frying the engine so wanted a map that I knew worked already. I’ll ask round thanks guys.
    you not going to fry an engine just starting it!

the only time you will kill an engine is trying to drive one hardish when it doesnt want to go, or with it rattling its tits of because its got way too much timing in it, or is seriously lean. if you even half sensible it will be ok, especially just starting it. loads of people just bolt carbs on and drive cars with jetting well out.

ive run engines on maps that should be so far wrong you wouldnt believe it, how about a 2.5 litre n/s 8 valve bmw engine, i started and rain it with on the map already in the ecu, that map was for 510bhp 16v turbo. full race alfa romeo, ran it on a pinto map. VW abf engine ran that on a vauxhall xe map, sure non of them were even remotely right, but they all ran and i drove them all, maybe not far but they all got a short drive before being taken off to be mapped

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Ah right, have you still got that Xe map?

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Ah right, have you still got that Xe map?
    i use emerald ecus, so maps i have wont be much use, unless you want to try and copy it manually, surely your ecu supplier has some sort of map you can use? as long as you set the perimeters correctly, ie wasted/non wasted spark, crank trigger and sensor type etc ecu it should run on pretty much any map

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Oh right, okay. And as far as I believe, MTech was one of the company’s that got caught out copying megasquirt. So they can’t really help out with that ECU. Otherwise I would go straight to them.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Given that Mtech only started making clones of megasquirt ecus after having their supply of original parts cut off due to quality issues, I'm not sure I would want to run that ecu.

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

i do have maps but for ms1 although im sure you could manualy make up a table to suit from older ones. you say your using tunerstudio ms2 ?
    i am out of touch these days but i believe that tunerstudio is the software to map with rather than the firmware version ? ms2 extra is the firmware that you need a map for. unless its changed thres also the whole "map" which is a full software (msg 0r msq file?) backup including settings and configuration. or you can just load a different fuel or ign tables ( cant remember the .name) i do have loads of maps you can have but the full set needs to match your setup or your better off using just tables - this assumes your config is correct to the engine ,...... have a browse on msefi.com if its still there

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

How’s it going everyone need advice or anyone have base map for st170 or zetec
    We are having an issue getting the car to stay running. We have spark and the injectors firing allowing the engine to start for a second/pop and bang but it won't continue running or idle. We have gone through some of the set up and corrected it where possible but are unsure of what the last user has changed. It’s an st170 on a v4 m tech ecu

+ Reply to Thread