User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RS2000 New Front Hubs

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

RS2000 New Front Hubs

I'm currently running a Grp1 Historic spec RS2000 on road and Targa events and am looking at replacing the Front hubs, due to one of the Grp4 wheel studs that I fitted being stripped out at the garage!

The car is narrow arch so I'm nervous of increasing the track width by 10mm per side but really wanted new hubs that I didn't need to drill out to take the grp 4 studs, does anyone have any suggestions?? All the hubs that I can find which take the grp4 studs increase track width.....

Also I've currently got standard size wheel bearings, how much better are the bigger one's as I've not had any problems to date

any advice would be much appreciated

cheers Mick

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: RS2000 New Front Hubs

what wheels and tyres do you have? i ran +10mm hubs on std arches with 185 60 tyres,

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erikmex View Post
    what wheels and tyres do you have? i ran +10mm hubs on std arches with 185 60 tyres,
    Generally I run 185/70/13 forest pattern tyres but I'm trying the go to tyre for restricted forest targa's which is an Extreme VR3 205/60/13, its wider than I would like but currently this is the only option. It fits the current setup but +10 looks like it will hit the arch.... although hard to tell as my suspension is reasonably high.

I run my forest tyres on 5 1/2" Minilites and the wider tyres on 6" Revolution 4 spoke RS ALLOYS
    Last edited by Disco808; 23-06-2020 at 16:48.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Try grp4 fabrications they might do std width for grp4 studs, failing that you could machine a few mm's off the rear face where it bolts to the disc

Bodger

Thanks

Mick, you say historic spec rs2000...are alloy hubs allowed......would like to know for my own car. I do believe Group 4 do the standard track alloy hubs

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disco808 View Post
    Generally I run 185/70/13 forest pattern tyres but I'm trying the go to tyre for restricted forest targa's which is an Extreme VR3 205/60/13, its wider than I would like but currently this is the only option. It fits the current setup but +10 looks like it will hit the arch.... although hard to tell as my suspension is reasonably high.

I run my forest tyres on 5 1/2" Minilites and the wider tyres on 6" Revolution 4 spoke RS ALLOYS
    Have you tried the Squires Bros at Biddulph? I was under the impression they did std width front hubs for Knock in studs, well worth a call.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimKeogh View Post
    Mick, you say historic spec rs2000...are alloy hubs allowed......would like to know for my own car. I do believe Group 4 do the standard track alloy hubs
    Good Point i'm not sure, I'll look into this! although I've struggled to find any non alloy versions for sale anywhere

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_rallying View Post
    Have you tried the Squires Bros at Biddulph? I was under the impression they did std width front hubs for Knock in studs, well worth a call.
    Good call! I'll give mick a shout

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

You can get std width for std studs no probs, i have a set, but dont think you can for grp4 studs.

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erikmex View Post
    You can get std width for std studs no probs, i have a set, but dont think you can for grp4 studs.

I'm pretty sure mine are only standard width with Grp4 studs, but they're 30yrs old. I'm not even sure I know if they're small or large bearing either though tbh.:
    Last edited by rallyrob; 25-06-2020 at 07:50.

+ Reply to Thread