User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for gearbox parts and where to get cologne v4 assembly information/manual.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Looking for gearbox parts and where to get cologne v4 assembly information/manual.

Specifically looking for the part that has the shifter forks and selectors(see pic)..the gearbox is the type H or F depending on the literature. it is the external linkage gearbox.. also any leads/ name of books regarding an assembly manual for the v4 cologne, i can't find much.

I took the gearbox to a repair shop and they broke the corner off the part by tightening too much.. they also used a sheet of paper from a calendar as a gasket and didn't notice that 3 synchro hub assembly teeth fell to the bottom of the case. I'm currently rebuilding the gearbox myself.

I would really like to replace the broken part (I get very irritated every time I think about it) and it will be on my mind every time I use the car..last resort I will weld it with a nickel rod or braze it with silicone bronze. thanks

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Looking for gearbox parts and where to get cologne v4 assembly information/manual

Click image for larger version Name:	front case.jpg Views:	65 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	85770
    Click image for larger version Name:	complete gearbox type f.jpg Views:	63 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	85771

Thanks

Re: Looking for gearbox parts and where to get cologne v4 assembly information/manual

Workshop manual for the cologne V4 available here :- http://www.saabv4.com/index.php/saab...anual-english/

Brian.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by briang View Post
    Workshop manual for the cologne V4 available here :- http://www.saabv4.com/index.php/saab...anual-english/

Brian.
    Never knew that Saab used Ford stuff!
    Last edited by HonkyWhiteTrash; 19-07-2020 at 08:38.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyWhiteTrash View Post
    Never knew that Saab used Ford stuff!
    saab 96, originally they had a 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine, but later adopted the ford V4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:

Pit Crew Decade Plus User GavinR's Avatar
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGalea View Post
    Specifically looking for the part that has the shifter forks and selectors(see pic)..the gearbox is the type H or F depending on the literature. it is the external linkage gearbox.. also any leads/ name of books regarding an assembly manual for the v4 cologne, i can't find much.

I took the gearbox to a repair shop and they broke the corner off the part by tightening too much.. they also used a sheet of paper from a calendar as a gasket and didn't notice that 3 synchro hub assembly teeth fell to the bottom of the case. I'm currently rebuilding the gearbox myself.

I would really like to replace the broken part (I get very irritated every time I think about it) and it will be on my mind every time I use the car..last resort I will weld it with a nickel rod or braze it with silicone bronze. thanks
    Try asking on http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/sgwrs/index.php
    Those gearboxes were used on Scimitars from 1972 onwards and are quite common
    GavinR

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/signaturepics/sigpic2999_8.gif

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys,I found what I needed on a german marketplace.

+ Reply to Thread