User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rebuild time?

FarFar south, any more and my feet are wet, sunny sussex
    Thanks

Rebuild time?

I think I will have a look and see if there is a better plumbing solution its a but like Medusa on a bad hair day in the engine bay, and its a sh-t to fill too even with s bleed valve on the top rad pipe.
    The engine is a bit of a mystery, I know its been tuned with cams etc, BUT, its tired, theres a cam tap, only one, has one of the followers given up, or is it a mechanical cam set up, also the pistons sound a bit Skirt slappy, if its had pistons, short skirts may have been used, and theres a bit of blow by too in as much as you can remove the oil cap rest it over the filler hole and the cap will slightly hover about 5mm in the air, and the 45s do need a looking at as they hemorrhage fuel out of the trumpets in a steady dribble, I have rebuild kits, but don't have a pressure gauge,.... Yet, oh and it may have the famous Porus Head, I know its not a hard fix, or at least it should not be... Ha Ha,
    Quiten the thing down, when it comes on cam even deaf people can hear it, not sure if its induction noise or the exhaust blows, again it could be induction because the exhaust is extremely restricted causing a real back pressure issue, I have yet to try my Simpson manifold for fit,
    Last edited by v8ian; 20-11-2022 at 13:18.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Rebuild time?

What do you want? - sympathy?, Advice? or telepathy to work out what you are talking about LOL!

Closed Thread