User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pinto Valve Stem Seals

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Pinto Valve Stem Seals

What do people prefer? Specifically asking as I’m using double valve springs and I find that the standard type don’t fit inside the inner spring without trimming a bit off with a Stanley knife. Anyone used the CVH top hat style with double valve springs?
    Asking as I recently ordered a new set and got sent the top hat CVH style which I’ve not used before, though I’m intrigued to try them as I’ve always been worried that the inner spring would foul and damage the standard type even with a bit of trimming down.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Pinto Valve Stem Seals

ive never understood the cvh thing especially as it changes the valve spring fitted length. victor rienze guide seals fit perfectly and clear double springs

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Precisely my reason for asking, the spring seat would need to sit on top of the stem seal, thus raising the height of the spring. However my original set were Victor Reinz and I definitely needed to trim the outside ridge otherwise they would have definitely fouled the inner spring.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanSouthLincs View Post
    Precisely my reason for asking, the spring seat would need to sit on top of the stem seal, thus raising the height of the spring. However my original set were Victor Reinz and I definitely needed to trim the outside ridge otherwise they would have definitely fouled the inner spring.
    maybe you had some really old stock ones? i dont know, victor ones are all i have used for years, i did (still do actually) have a stack of old stock ones which do need trimming down, they worked just fine though, only reason i havnt used them all up is its easier not to.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Yes that’s a distinct possibility, I did have them a while. I’ve ordered a new set, hopefully I’ll get the newer ones. Thanks for the reply, I must admit I didn’t know there had been a change in design 👍

+ Reply to Thread