User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearbox fitting for Ford Capri and a question about front hubs.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Gearbox fitting for Ford Capri and a question about front hubs.

Anyone fitted Magnum F gearbox to Ford Capri Mk1? Can it be fitted withouth destroying totally transmission tunnel?
    I didnt find any measurents to compare MT-75/Type 9 to Magnum F.

You might be able to get original speedo to work with this magnum F? What about clutch will I be able to fit work or should I move to Hydraulic?
    What else to consider?

Does anyone sell new front hubs for this one? (2.8i front hubs). Must not be rusted poops. Or is there HD hubs available?

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Gearbox fitting for Ford Capri and a question about front hubs.

Plenty of hubs available for the 2.8i struts generally they are alloy replacements etc try grp 4 fabrications, evans and sons rally, motorsport tools etc, there are many more people as well who sell them.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

I won't accept aluminium hubs, because they are weak. My friend crashed his capri because of cracked alloy hub. Whole hub cracked between bolts.
    I got problem with my brake disc. Brakes are fibrating strange. I think I got not balance wheel hub or something. Same problem with 3 different front discs. Did some shimming that helped the thing but it is not perfect even now.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    I won't accept aluminium hubs, because they are weak. My friend crashed his capri because of cracked alloy hub. Whole hub cracked between bolts.
    I got problem with my brake disc. Brakes are fibrating strange. I think I got not balance wheel hub or something. Same problem with 3 different front discs. Did some shimming that helped the thing but it is not perfect even now.
    How are the track control arm bushes?
    I had 3 Capris in my youth and 2 of them would vibrate under braking. Both had soft bushes, which the vibration went away after replacing.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Doesn't seem to have any problems... atleast looked by eye. All possible bushed are changed to polyurethane and 2.8i front balancer.
    It is possible to see 11 hunredth mm throw by measuring fron front disc. Brake disk lathe that is can be used when brake disk are in car will help but those seem to be history everybody here just say buy new discs....

http://www.suomencaprit.fi/foorumi/g...m&image_id=254

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

If that is your car, it does not have stock Capri discs fitted?

How is the disc fitted to the hub, and how is the caliper fitted to the strut?

I have built a couple of brake conversions on these legs and I see some areas where it is possible to make mistakes that can give vibrations (som I have done myself...).

Gustaf

+ Reply to Thread