+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mt75 to toyota mk3 r154

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

mt75 to toyota mk3 r154

Hallo Leute!

ich mache einen
    getriebeumbau für meine turbo sierra ... die ersten 1,9 zoll des
    von mir verwendeten bellhousing stammen vom mt75 dohc getriebe und die restlichen 5,55 zoll davon stammen vom toyota bellhousing jetzt ... ein freund von mir zusammengeschweißt aber nicht wirklich zentriert: /
    kann mir bitte jemand sagen ob die wenigen ersten zoll des teils vom mt75 bellhousing (es ist mashined!) genau zentriert ist ??? Ich habe es verpasst, um es zu messen, bevor ich das Teil weggeschnitten habe: /
    Es könnte das Teil sein, in dem ich das Bellhousing auf das Getriebe zentrieren und neue Dübel zwischen Bellhousing und Getriebe setzen kann ...

Danke für Antworten, die mir bei der

Begrüßung helfen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $_1.jpg‎  

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Re: mt75 to toyota mk3 r154

Hi Bud

sorry but English is the prefered language on the Forum.

Hence Turbosport.co.uk

to Ts though..

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

You have the engine there, make an alignment jig from the centre spigot bearing on the crankshaft to the BH bolt holes or dowels and place it over yours.

But it seems you've went to a lot of work......and guessing alignment ?

It is critical you get this right or you will kill the box, you cannot guess, you must measure.
    9.85 @ 145mph 202mph standing mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_c7fML3rw

Thanks

Colin at http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz/results.php makes various bellhousing kits including some Ford.

I bought one from him some 23 years ago for my RV8 with R154.

Mazda gearbox also seems to be a good and well supported option for swapping to a Ford engine ?
    Last edited by stevieturbo; 31-12-2020 at 23:19.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

hey rallybob, excuse me i wrote it in english but my translation system translated it back to a bad german:/

hey stevieturbo, of course mazda would be a option..but i think the last option because it's more a low budget build you know so i'll try first to make it fit

on the picture you can see how we welded it together.. i installed an 21/12mm input shaft bearing first for the thinner shaft from the r154..(the ford is 21/15mm)
    then we fitted all together and pushed it up-down-left-right..we marked everything and then we centered the marks with a feelergage.
    but after the weld it wasn't centered anymore i think:/ the inputshaft is around 0.05 inch outter middle to the left side:/ when i measure in front of the mt75( red marks)

can you try to discribe me the following set by a picture maybe? make an alignment jig from the centre spigot bearing on the crankshaft to the BH bolt holes or dowels and place it over yours. with google translator it comes only shit so maybe you can help me to agree

thank youClick image for larger version Name:	29122020084.jpg Views:	58 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	86374

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Click image for larger version Name:	30012021093.jpg Views:	39 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	86649we mashined both sides of the bellhousing to get it really surface grinding and then we centered it with a type of aluminum pipe now with in diameter from input shaft 27,75 and outter diameter from the main bearings 60,62 and fitted everything together and we setted new dowels in 14mm now (was 12mm before)..
    now we waiting for the driveshaft and then i will keep you updatet if it works..
    greetings

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

the car is running now and the gearbox is really nice shifting..
    but in lower rpms (idle-rpm) the clutch-fork with the release bearing is "shaking around" you can hear that..
    maybe because of the spacer i glued on the bearing-front..
    i tryed it with a tension-spring to keep away the bearing from the pressure plate, but after that the clutch does not disengaged any more because of the automatical readjustment of the clutch cable..
    have anyone an idea to handle the problem maybe??
    thanks and greetingsClick image for larger version Name:	IMG_0437-min.JPG Views:	23 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	86991

Thanks

That fork looks horribly bent. Cable pilling at a strange angle too.

Just looks all wrong, maybe the pivot stud also needs to be a lot longer.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

maybe this is a good idea to make the pivot stud longer for the next time when i will teardown it thank you!
    it is the genuine dohc mt75 clutch fork.. and yes it was a bit too long so now the cable comes out in a bit wrong angle:/ so i should maybe shorten it the next time..
    do you have an idea maybe to get the shaking away without to teardown the box!?
    fantastic granada by the way(:

Thanks

Thanks...without knowing what is causing the shaking...I do not know.

Is the release bearing sleeve a nice fit over the nose of the gearbox ? and sufficient depth on the nose ?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

yes i know it's not easy to driscribe
    the fit is tight in my opinion..was 34mm at the ford and 35mm at the r154 so i drilled out the bearing sleeve to 35mm..
    this "pipe/nose over the input shaft" was shorter at the r154 like in the mt75 so i needed the 20mm spacer to get enough depth when clutch is released:/ and the spacer is heavey stainless-steel so it seems that the bearing is now too topheavey at low rpm..over 1200rpm the bearing is spinning perfect at the pressure plate..
    and it was not possible to make the bellhousing shorter because of the inputshaft-lenght to the ford crankshaft pilot bearing:/
    is it possible to trick the automatic readjustment from the clutch cable on a ford?? then it would work with the spring i installed to keep the bearing permanent away from the pressure plate

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlCxj3-LhU

in this video the bearing is shaking in idle too..
    but in my case the shaking is soo terrible heavey that it will not last long time to have the bearing damaged i think:/ its only plastic

Thanks

Looks like something maybe not centralised.

And it doesn't really smooth out at speed, you just cannot see the wobble anymore.

Can you feel the wobble at the pedal ?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

over 1200rpm everything is ok!
    it's only sometimes to hear when you shift gears up or down..
    the most wobble is at idle..but it's a heavy wobble..metallic noises.. maybe also the spacer needs to have an angle in the front to get better centralised..mine is straight
    also my idle is still really bad.. sometimes only 500-600rpm and the programmer said that at my engine management its better to have a electric throttle body to get a good idle..
    ..so maybe it's a mix of all together..
    but you can not feel the wobble at the clutch pedal! and when you touch the pedal any wobble/shake/noise from the bellhousing is instantly gone.
    maybe you have a idea to get the bearing a bit stronger against the pressure plate!? maybe that can help..
    i don't know if it would be so good for the durability of the bearing but anyhow better like the wobble

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

but if i press it stronger against the pressure plate could also be bad for the durability of the thrust washers from the crankshaft maybe:/ i have no expirience with it

+ Reply to Thread