User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fajs

Bodger

Thanks

Fajs

Hello everybody, hope you all are allright in these difficult times.
    I was wondering if anyone has some experience with these chinese Fajs carbs? They are all over the web and it is very mixed experience with them out there. You get 5 of these for same £ you get 2 Webers (45's) so is Webers that much better? I have no experience with dcoe's. Even Idf is interesting.
    Thanx for any enlightning.

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Re: Fajs

Hello,
    I have looked at several sets of FAJS (and also EMPI) carbs.
    Build quality is poor compared to original Webers; place one next to an original (Italian) Weber and you know what I mean.
    Tuning these was not straightforward, if you change something and the result is not in the right direction you go back to the last setting but then the results were not the same as before.
    Having said that, the VW community seem to swear by these IDF replica's.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miniliteman For This Useful Post:

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

i ran a set on my mk2, pinto. i did a thread on here if you search which includes my tuning efforts.
    i cleaned them prior to fitting and set float heights as way out ( only had weber settings to go on).
    i found that i got close on jetting quite quickly but struggled to get spot on - im an amateur and didnt visit RR.
    that said they were quite decent and very drivable, had worse webers back in the day when no internet to help !
    worth a punt ?- i would say so if you know what your getting........
    point to note - i noticed the F11 emulsion tubes were not identical to weber ones but didnt get around to swapping, this may be what lets them down ..............
    in my dealings with fajs i found them decent as a company. drop me a pm if i can help further.
    just remembered i have a set of 45 here if you want anything checked.
    Last edited by alladdin; 01-02-2021 at 20:22.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alladdin For This Useful Post:

Bodger

Thanks

Thank you for the replys. At the moment I'm just checking what they are and if they are worth the effort. I know others are sitting on the fence too so perhaps they get som help too. Rolling road/ dyno's are far and between here in Norway, and when lifting the bonnet the operator probably wouldn't know what the things that hangs on the side of the head is. But I do like a challenge so maybe I'll try some day.

+ Reply to Thread