User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unidentified turbo charger.

Tyre Kicker

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Unidentified turbo charger.

Can anyone this turbo charger ..

It was given to me some time ago and the guy said it was something like a Renault something but i cannot remember the model now..Probably a diesel(?) !

Not sure if it works but i plan to install on my competition to be ,Hillclimb & Sprint Mk 1 pre crossflow Cortina..
    It is rather heavy though due to the massive exhaust downpipe which i cannot remove without sawing it away..
    If i can identify it for maybe repair spares then i have a sporting chance to install before fabricating the home brew exhaust manifold further..

Damn it the upload device is too big to load..How can i reduce the size please.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Unidentified turbo charger.

Quote Originally Posted by limjamrace View Post
    Can anyone this turbo charger ..

It was given to me some time ago and the guy said it was something like a Renault something but i cannot remember the model now..Probably a diesel(?) !

Not sure if it works but i plan to install on my competition to be ,Hillclimb & Sprint Mk 1 pre crossflow Cortina..
    It is rather heavy though due to the massive exhaust downpipe which i cannot remove without sawing it away..
    If i can identify it for maybe repair spares then i have a sporting chance to install before fabricating the home brew exhaust manifold further..

Damn it the upload device is too big to load..How can i reduce the size please.
    you need to use a program yo resize pics before you upload, i dont know what others use but i use paint.

ideal size for pics are 800x600 pixel

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

You can install a simple image resizing tool on windows, then you just right click on any image or images you want to make smaller and it gives you a few options.

https://image-resizer-for-windows.en.lo4d.com/windows

https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/
    9.85 @ 145mph 202mph standing mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_c7fML3rw

Tyre Kicker

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Tried installing but it just keeps wanting to sell me updates of various things so i will just give the post a miss.
    Thanks for the help anyway.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

From the description it sounds like the NOS turbo I bought for my first turbo bike! It was a Garrett T2 off of a Renault 19 diesel and during development just about everything got changed - turbine housing obviously to lose the integral manifold, compressor scroll and wheel to suit the boost performance (several times) and even the core from watercooled to aircooled ........ just like Trigger's Broom - totally original LOL! Used to make 210hp @ 10psi boost on a 1186cc Suzuki engine in a suck - through configuration. It was an absolute hoot! Couple of pic's on an alternative engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSX1360 turbo 003 (450 x 600).jpg‎  

GSX1360 turbo 014 (600 x 450).jpg‎  

+ Reply to Thread