User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: speedodrive T9...plastic gear ok...but not spinning

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

speedodrive T9...plastic gear ok...but not spinning

my speedo does not work (it never worked since the car came to me). speedocable is ok.

so i took-out the plastic speedo-drivegear from the gearbox....and its not worn....also tested with a new one

investigated through the big hole if the (steel)gear inside the gearbox is spinning: yes it does

but it loks like the 2 gears do not engage deeply enough when assembled. for me it looks like the gearbox gear sits to far to the rear

is it possible that , if the gearbox was refrubished in the past, somebody did a mistake in assembling the output shaft in a wrong position?

Click image for larger version Name:	4aablwmf.jpg Views:	30 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	86613

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: speedodrive T9...plastic gear ok...but not spinning

i think i found the answer here:

https://www.lotus7.club/forum/techta...m-output-shaft

the worm-gear may have walked away or was fitted in wrong position during a past rebuilt of the box....i expect the later one.
    as the local garage who took care abouth the car for the former owner did all wrong....nearly all repairs or maintenance during the last 10 years were not made correctly (but the owner paid huge bills)

+ Reply to Thread