User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door

1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door for sale. I got this in 2015 and before me and the previous owner it was owned by a museum at Atwell Wilson Museum, with 2 folders of history. Since I've had it, we've altered it dramatically and raced it for several seasons in the OSFDC, but sadly now its time for it to go. it has an MOT, I very occasionally use it on the road but it can be a bit of a bitch. The clutch is a switch and can be a bit lumpy until it comes on to cam, it made 225bhp at street racers in Leicester and ran a 12.7 at Pod.
    Brief specification
    Good solid presentable shell but has got a few dings and bangs. But not rotten.
    ST 170 engine with intruder pistons, PEC rods, over bored +60, ported head and race cams with VVT delete originally built by Kejja motorsport.
    Steel Billet flywheel and TTV paddle racing clutch. Sytec fuel pump and Sytec pressure gauge and facet lift pump into swirl pot.
    Omex 600 ECU and Omex ITB's and retro ford stainless 2.5' exhaust manifold to home made exhaust
    Retro Ford water rail, alternator kit and tin sump to accommodate steering box, aluminum radiator with electric fan.
    Gearbox is type 9 5 speed from a 2.8i with 2l first motion shaft with quick shift, single piece heavy duty propshaft.
    Rear axle is an English axle with tramp bar a frame and heavy duty shafts and LSD supplied by retro ford, believed to be 4.1 at the moment.
    Half Roll cage, this is essentially just to mount the rear harness shoulder straps and Subaru bucket seats (I do have the original seats, front and back).
    Suspension, converted coilovers on original steering box, rear lotus spec multi leaf springs on gaz adjustables.
    Wheels are mini light copies, brakes at the moment are just standard.
    I've probably forgotten a few bits and pieces, viewing is welcomed and I am looking for £16,000

Any questions just get in touch

Last edited by Jiffer; 03-06-2021 at 18:07.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: 1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door

SFS

Will reduce price to £15,500 before removing the race engine and making it back into a cruiser

Cheers

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: 1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door

bumping this back to top, its now been set up as a bit of a cruiser,

as before resonable 2 door shell with quite a bit of history but has got a few marks and battle scars

2l blacktop, basic ESC red box ecu, zx6r carbs on bogg bross manifold, alloy rad, electric fan, new exhaust manifold and twin box 2.5" exhaust.

new clutch and type 9 five speed single piece prop shaft.

brakes are standard front and back, suspension is mk2 cortina front legs with capri inserts converted to coilovers, rear suspension in lotus spec multi leaf springs with Gaz adjustable shock and has got a set of anti tramp bars installed.

interior is back to orignal seats and set of wingaurd belts.

this has been raced for a few years in the OSFDC and does still show some evidence of its previous life but is still a good solid car and now it has a decent clutch in it its nice to drive again.

could do with a proper setting up and 5th gear is a bit noisey.

any questions get in touch.

£11k
    as soon as i can figure out how to add more pics i will
    Last edited by Jiffer; 19-09-2021 at 18:38.

+ Reply to Thread