User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Struggling to Finish, so, For Sale 1979 RS2000.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Struggling to Finish, so, For Sale 1979 RS2000.

I'm struggling to finish the last 5% of this cars build / restoration / modification so i'm selling up.
    Please read the attached 'full story' for all the details. I'd like to get £25000 ono.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 204. YDW_33T 4.JPG‎  

Attached Files Attached Files

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Re: Struggling to Finish, so, For Sale 1979 RS2000.

Nearly there Ian!
    Some more photos would help I think.

Full story:

-----

RS2000 mk2 For Sale
    Here is my RS2000 mk2, 1979 for sale. I’ve owned it now for nearly 12 years, bought it to re-live my twenty’s but 30 years on! It’s had a life – I’m it’s 21st or 22nd owner, the guy before me had it 7 years and I believe it’s been around Wales and Road Rallying most of its previous ownerships.
    Its clean enough but certainly not perfect, it’s got some rust spots, some dings and some garage rash, but as I just wanted a ‘usable’ car, that didn’t matter to me. I drove the car home 11 yrs ago and it hasn’t been on the road since as it was my intention to convert / upgrade nearly everything.
    Refreshed Zetec 2.0L Blacktop using all Retroford conversion components, alloy sump, 4-2-1 SS ex. Manifold & full system, COP’s, Jenvey Zetec long runner Inlet manifold with Jenvey DCOE style TB’s paired to a DTA S60 ecu, copper & plastic internal jointless fuel lines from & to a swirl pot / lift and EFI fuel pumps in boot. Fuel tank is an Opel Manta item mounted behind rear seat – 12 gallons and loads of boot space retained. RF alloy radiator with Stant cap & big elec. fan, system uses Evans Waterless Coolant. The S60 has been checked by DTA & has latest firmware. DTA tuning ‘knobs box’ will be included.
    T9 gearbox has been stripped & rebuilt with new bearings as necessary with 2.98:1 raised first gear, one-piece propshaft with std. 3.54:1 diff – no LSD. Std rear axle with discs & refurb. Sierra calipers. Single leaf 146lb springs fitted with Polyflex urethane bushes added. Bias pedal box fitted, internal brake lines to rear with braided front brake connections to Wilwood front 4 pot calipers. RS front legs with Capri Vented discs. Std RS wheels & good tyres (although old now), finished in Dove Grey.
    Interior has retrimmed rear seat base and back, good original RS2000 carpet and Recaro style Cortina front seats with correct mounts in grey fabric – they are as comfy as ‘proper’ unobtainium Recaro seats and with an Aldridge kit, would be indistinguishable! Dash pad is brown, has been ‘stained’ black but a bit patchy. Door cards have speakers fitted and are tidy enough although interior could be better. Floor pan has been fully sound deadened with bitumen sheets and new felt under carpet.
    Car has been re-wired front to back and everything works as it should although there is a parasitic draw somewhere (I disconnect the battery if not being used) Air horns fitted (for the dozy buggers on the roads these days!) The instruments have a full set of green LED backlights fitted with brand new foils and solid-state voltage regulator. Blue RS dash symbol is wired as oil pressure light. New Odyssey Red Top Battery that has spent the winter on trickle maintenance charger.
    Things that need doing – brakes need decent bleeding job (done it twice but needs doing better), Correct matching ARB brackets need fitting (supplied), Engine runs but really needs mapping on a dyno, then MOT and off SORN.
    Why am I selling – Whilst I’ve done 95% of the work, the last 5% is just beyond my reach – it needs the tuning, but I can’t drive it anywhere, I haven’t a trailer or a towbar LOL!, ‘man & van’ flatbeds ain’t cheap to hire / rent for days at a time plus finding a garage / tuner / dyno local’ish is drawing a blank. This was to be a car to hoon around in, but I guess someone else can have that pleasure!
    I’m looking for around £25,000 ono – and I ain’t retiring on that!, but it has to go. You can’t road test it, obviously, it has no MOT or Tax (although is Historic, just not registered) and will need either a trailer, flat bed or a tow dolly (if you are brave enough) to take away. Lots of small spares to be included.
    Contact me via PM on this site, email : ianyarham3@outlook.com or on 07950 686657. And the car is in Camberley, Surrey.

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

I'm kind of surprised you're giving up so close to the end.

Surely another Grand and it would be sorted.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

So, after being messed around by someone for past couple of months - I need this car gone! My annual garage rent is due in a month & a bit, so if I can save on that . . . . .
    Initial price was a bit cheeky hence price is reduced to £20k ono but not firm on that. If you come and see it, I will negotiate but don't expect a low ball offer to get anywhere.
    £20,000 ono - contact details as above. Could make a nice winter project !

Bodger

Thanks

Replica Mexico and RS’s with zetecs easily see £25k. Appreciate you need it gone but does seem cheap at £20k ono
    Good luck with the sale…

Bodger

Thanks

Good luck with the sale mate wish I had the space and money.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Provisionally sold pending collection
    And the price? . . . . . . stays between me & the buyer

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Provisionally sold pending collection
    And the price? . . . . . . stays between me & the buyer
    Lol. I guess 23k.
    Doesn't matter what you got for it in the end tbh. The main thing is your happy with what you sold it for.

Is it someone on the forum, or elswhere?

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Dunno if they are here but they are deffo in the Ford community - not fully sure what their plans are but hopefully use it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to katana For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread