User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iom tt 2013

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

iom tt 2013

Fancy going next year just tried to book all hotels and ferry crossings fully booked already! Anyone know any other ways!!

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: iom tt 2013

i've just got back from the TT! i have a mate who lives there, re accommodation i cant help as i stay with a mate, but lots camp

are you riding a bike over? if not consider flying. this year i went over by bike, but my mrs got the train to the ferry port and we both went across on the same boat, foot passenger places tend not to sell out quickly

we usually spend a couple of hours playing with dates/times and crossings this year i came back a couple of days after the event finished, which gives you plenty of time to explore the island which is a really nice place, i know its further away by road but consider getting the ferry from heysham, although your have a longer drive, its quicker than going through liverpool, my mate who has 1000's of crossings under his belt ( but always has to travel to the south of the uk) avoids liverpool.

other options which we sometimes do is take a crossing late at night and get a £19 travel lodge room.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Thanks will keep looking gonna be riding over but didnt fancy camping really! Just looked into renting a place and while pricey there is gonna be 8 of us so not to bad when split down only trouble is the ferrys fully booked except for the 1.45am crossing on the tuesday before!

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

keep checking the crossings they do get cancellations, but also the ferry company sometimes put extra crossings on.

i take it your looking on the steam packet website? i ask because i just looked and found crossings, at this early stage its deposits only so i bet loads of bookings will come up later when it turns out peps cant get the time off or actually afford to go, because its aint cheap

Mechanic

Thanks

Check ferry crossings closer to the date, its 12 months away and as graham says places will free up, or they’ll add extra ferrys.

Regarding accommodation, myself and a friend loaded two motorbikes and a double mattress into the back of my Renault traffic, parked on the prom in Douglas and slept & BBQ’s there for a week, we used the bikes to get around the island and left the van on the prom. There’s a gym (or spa) in Douglas where we went to shower every day, had a great week.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Ive only been there once when i was 16, would love to go next year.

Spanner Monkey

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Also give the accommodation section a try here. There's loads of people that do Homestay (ourselves included) so you might be able to find something there. We had seven adults and 2 kids stay with us this year and it looks like someof them are wanting stay at ours again next year too.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

My friend has sorted the ferry and accommodation out already. He said it was pretty much all booked up. Would be good to have a turbosport gathering.

+ Reply to Thread