User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: English halfshaft bearings

Racer

Thanks

English halfshaft bearings

Are there different widths of halfshaft bearings available for English axles, i have recently fitted new Tran X 2 piece shafts to my Mk2 and when i fit the hub flange it does not appear to fit far enough on to the shaft, when i fit the brake drum there is a large gap between the drum and backplate, when i look at the halfshaft bearing it has a small shoulder on the outer side which i think could be whats preventing the hub pressing on far enough, are there narrower bearings available or can you get them without the shoulder on the centre race???

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: English halfshaft bearings

i had similar problem when i fitted 2 piece shafts to my english, the bearings i had had a small step which gave them an overall width of about 22 or 24 mm, i got some SKF bearing which were 20mm wide from a company called Brammer, it was about 18 months ago and if i remember correctly they are 62mm diameter and 20mm wide, just tell them the internal diameter to go over the shaft and they can do the rest, if memory serves me right they were about 25 the pair inc vat

Racer

Thanks

Nice one cheers, do they supply them with the correct seals...ie. closed seal one side open the other ??

Mechanic

Thanks

i think they were closed seal, but i never had any issues

+ Reply to Thread