Take a look from the bottom of the page to the top of the type of "help" that Wilwood offers their clients...
You can count how many different "answers" they give me...

I have give up after 18 days on the last one...

De: Wilwood Customer Reply [mailto:customerreply@wilwood.com]
Enviada: quarta-feira, 17 de Outubro de 2012 00:00
Para: 'Joćo Cruz'
Assunto: RE: Combination Proportioning Valve

Joao,

We are still waiting for detailed photos of the proportioning valve and how the fittings are installed, clear picture of the valve, port and fitting with the fitting removed is needed.

With any warranty issue, it requires Wilwood to inspect the item, being that you are an international customer we are trying to assist you as best as possible without having to send in the valve.

We have confirmed with engineering that the 260-11179 valve should be completely divided from the front and rear port? Also where are you located?

Please understand that we cannot refund any money on an item that was not purchased directly from Wilwood. The item was purchased through you from Rally Design, the exchange of funds was not with Wilwood. We can assist you with a replacement item, if a defect can be confirmed, we need further information to be able to determine this.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:18 PM
To: Wilwood Customer Reply
Subject: Re: Combination Proportioning Valve

No drill was made in the valve!!!
untill now you have told me several things trying to justify the problem witch time is a different thing...

Not the kind of thing that I though about wilwood...

Enviado do meu iPhone

No dia 16/10/2012, ąs 19:25, Wilwood Customer Reply <customerreply@wilwood.com> escreveu:
Joao,

The Wilwood 260-11179 proportioning valve, is designed to use 1/8-NPT fitting direct into the valve or with the adaptors provided for 3/8-24 inverted flare. There is no way to adapt a banjo fitting into a 1/8-NPT thread, so to do this the holes and thread pitch on the valve would have to be modified. If modified, the holes may have been drilled to deep. We cannot warranty any modified item. This modification may be why your valve is not working properly.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:45 PM

Yes all the lines going into the valve and comming out from the valve are using banjo style fittings
Cumprimentos,
Joćo Cruz

Enviado via iPad

Em 11/10/2012, ąs 22:26, Wilwood Customer Reply <customerreply@wilwood.com> escreveu:
Joao,

Please forward me a better picture of the Proportioning valve mounted in the car. The pictures you have sent are not clear, it appears that the lines going into the valve are using banjo style fittings. Please provide a picture to confirm.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:38 AM
To: 'Wilwood Customer Reply'
Subject: RE: Combination Proportioning Valve
Importance: High

Ok I understand that but I have bought and pay for something I can’t ask the money from Rally Design because isn’t their problem.

Wilwood must assume that the information is wrong and pay what my lost because I pay for a mechanic to put it the Combination Proportioning Valve in the car I pay for the mechanic try to solve this problem we have bleed the system 5 times !!!

And now I have to pay to the mechanic to get it out of my car...

Who is going to pay for all of this??? Me???

JC

Enviada: quinta-feira, 11 de Outubro de 2012 19:09

Joao,

We are currently having your inquiry reviewed by engineering to clarify the data sheet information. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:09 PM

From your site: http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds715.pdf

· Maintains full separation between the front and rear fluid circuits when used with tandem outlet or dual mount master cylinder assemblies.

I'm not happy with the product and with the help I like to be refund for what I have paid...

Cumprimentos,
Joćo Cruz

Enviado via iPad

Em 10/10/2012, ąs 22:38, Wilwood Customer Reply <customerreply@wilwood.com> escreveu:

There is no defect in the Proportioning valve, the connecting port for front and rear for the brake light sensor can cause the valve to transfer fluid from one master cylinder to another. That is why it is not advised to use on a balance bar pedal assembly. On a tandem style master cylinder, this would not be effected.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:59 PM

I have a Wilwood 2lbs Residual Pressure Valve to connect to rear circuit where do you advice to install the valve? Near the MC of the bias pedal box or near the MC of the hydraulic hand brake?

Some pictures of the installation:

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

<image003.jpg>

<image004.jpg>

Regards,
JC

Enviada: terēa-feira, 9 de Outubro de 2012 22:01

We have not had any issues with the internals of this valve not seals or leaking into the other chambers. Please Forward a picture of how you have it installed.

We cannot issue a refund as this item was purchased through Rally Design. We can inspect it for a defect, but you would need to send it to us to do so.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:15 AM
Importance: High

It was bought from Rally Design

1 x Knob Style Combination Proportioning Valve (260-11179) = £59.50

The link:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...ducts_id=15436

Regards

Joćo Cruz

Enviada: segunda-feira, 8 de Outubro de 2012 23:37

What is the part number of the Wilwood proportioning valve you are referring to?

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 12:12 PM

It was purchased trough a vendor...

Do you have any other complain?
Cumprimentos,
Joćo Cruz

Enviado via iPad

Em 08/10/2012, ąs 17:59, Wilwood Customer Reply <customerreply@wilwood.com> escreveu:
We cannot offer a direct refund as the part may not be defective (we must inspect to confirm). Was the valve purchased directly from Wilwood or through a vendor?

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:32 AM

Hi,

That is a problem from the Combination Proportioning Valve…

Can I have a refund on that??? That isn’t normal…

Regards
Joćo

Enviada: sexta-feira, 5 de Outubro de 2012 16:42

Joao,

This may be possible, if you are running a balance bar pedal assembly there is no need for a proportioning valve.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:13 PM

They are completely independent.

Two reservoirs, two master cylinders, the only point of “connection” is the Combination Proportioning Valve were the two lines 8rear and front) enter and two exit to the front wheels and one line exit to the hydraulic hand brake and then to the rear.

Is it possible that the Combination Proportioning Valve is letting the oil pass from one circuit to the other?

The reservoir of the front wheel is decreasing the oil and in the rear reservoir the oil is increasing.

Regards
Joćo Cruz

Enviada: quarta-feira, 3 de Outubro de 2012 23:41

Are the two reservoirs sharing a brake line in any way or are they completely independent?

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:32 AM

I’m happy with pedal…

My question was when driving the car (or aply several times the brakes) one of the oil reservoir began to decrease the level and the other increases the level... all connections are ok several times checked

How can this happen???

Regards
Joćo Cruz

Enviada: terēa-feira, 2 de Outubro de 2012 16:50

Thank you for the inquiry with Wilwood Disc Brakes. Wilwood does not recommend using -3 AN flex line for the complete brake system as this will not allow you to make a firm pedal.

We recommend using 3/16 hard line where ever possible on the chassis and using flex line only in areas where movement is necessary.

Regards,
Wilwood Disc Brakes

Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:00 AM
To: customerreply@wilwood.com
Subject: Combination Proportioning Valve

Hi

I have mounted in a Ford Anglia 105E the new Combination Proportioning Valve and have a strange symptom the oil is passing from one of the oil reservoir to the other (???)

The car has bias pedal box, master cylinder 0.625 at front, 0.75 at rear and 0.7 at hydraulic hand brake, at front is a wilwood Dynalite 4 Pot Calipers 247 x 20m and at rear fiesta disks and sierra callipers.

The Combination Proportioning Valve is mounted in the Hand Brake support and is connected like the instructions (Rear In from master cylinder, Front In from master cylinder, Front Out x 2 one of each front wheel, rear out to hand brake master cylinder and from the hand brake master cylinder to a T and the two rear wheels.

Al the connections are ok ,can’t see any leaks, pedal is medium (not hard or soft), Proportioning Valve works, when driving the car (or aply several times the brakes) one of the oil reservoir began to decrease the level and the other increases the level...

Can you help please?

<image001.jpg>