User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fitting samco hoses on a mk 3 capri pinto

Pole Position Decade Plus User freddy686868's Avatar

Thanks

fitting samco hoses on a mk 3 capri pinto

basically i have bought a samco hose kit to smarten up the under bonnet apperance of the cappa but i am stuck on how one pipe goes on and another doesn't look quite right either. So after abit of head scratching i thought i would throw it out to the pros to put me on the straight and narrow.

the one going from the auto choke to the heater matrix looks like it should be on the lower matrix pipe is that right? Thinking about it if i swap the pipe around it might fit better

this is the pipe in question though! Does it go like this and use the full length of the pipe and look stupid......or/

go like this and cut what seams like alot off the end of the pipe..........or none of the above?

If someone could help me out that would be great as i could crack on then guys. Sorry for the rubbish question but i really can't work it out. Thanks for looking, John

Thanks

Re: fitting samco hoses on a mk 3 capri pinto

I can't believe nobody knows the answer?

World Champion Decade Plus User caprimentle's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

only just seen this, you put it in a weird section that i dont think anyone looks at lol, picture 2 is correct, it goes all around the wing like that and looks stupid, with the hose between the auto choke and heater i put mine on the bottom pipe too so that it looks abit better, its exactly how the standard hoses are ran, its no different.

you are missing 3 brackets for the pips though, 1 goes on the alternator to hold the pipe, one goes on the inner wing to hold the same pipe and one goes on the heater buble to hold the other pipe which also holds it more level making it look better.
    its not dead till it's buried!

T.I.T engineering. "Feel the power!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to caprimentle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awsome! I have a load of pipe clips in a bag in the garage so i will have a look and see what is there. It was nice to see that i wasn't a million miles out with my guess. So i'm getting better with these capri things. Lol. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread