User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tran-X Type E gearbox alloy maincase

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Tran-X Type E gearbox alloy maincase

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a alloy maincase for a type E gearbox that fitted the Tran-X gearkit. I have one with a steel case at the moment, but didn't do the build so can't see if they had to change anything to get it in. I asked Tran-X (now Quaife of course) and got the reply saying I should probably sell my gearbox and get a Quaife one as they are not producing Tran-X rocket boxes anymore, so that was loads of help.

I was wondering, on the off chance, if the tran-x kit could be fitted into a Quaife alloy maincase for a type E, and if so would it be the Heavy Duty one, or clubman one? Has anyone done this? I'm starting to really not be a fan of the Tran-X/Quaife sale. Maybe the 3J stuff will be the way to go until Quaife buy them out :-).

Double apologies, this was also posted in the MK1/2 section before I realised this section was here.

Thanks

Pole Position Decade Plus User Pushrod King's Avatar
    My Race Car
    Thanks

Re: Tran-X Type E gearbox alloy maincase

They're all based on standard parts so are fully interchangeable between casings, heavy duty has a larger diameter layshaft spindle.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: Tran-X Type E gearbox alloy maincase

Thanks for the info. Do you mean that all replacement gearkits are based on standard parts? So the clubman type maincase will fit all both Tran-X and Quaife gearkits, except for the heavy duty ones of course? That sounds promising. You wouldn't happen to know if the Tran-X kits are able to take a standard type speedo drive (22/23 teeth) would you? My speedo drive was blanked off when I bought the 'box and I very much would like to convert it back to mechanical if I could. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread