User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S2 RS Turbo blowback?!!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Duck S2 RS Turbo blowback?!!

Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice really! When the car is idling and you take the oil cap off, it wants to stall. Obviously sucking air in. Is this normal?! Also a wee bit of a smell of petrol in the oil cap, my pal says the piston rings maybe need replaced but I have no idea!!!

Also, fuel pump started squealing on the way to petrol station the other day and it cut out at the traffic lights and when it restarted, the exhaust gases were a a bit dirty? Maybe just a lot of s***e from the bottom of the petrol tank?!

Any advice appreciated!!!

Bodger

Thanks

Re: S2 RS Turbo blowback?!!

hi Dannyboy,
    An S2 running on the bosch meterhead will always want to stall when you take the oil filler cap off, the rockercover and crankcase fumes on the RST are drawn out through the metering head below (down-strem of) the metering flap and consumed by the engine, when you take the oilcap off you are introducing unmetered air into the meteringhead and the mixtured effectively leans out, hence it wanting to cut out

Fuel in the oil could be a sign of running rich, might be worth a session on a rolling road to check the fuelling.

If the fuel pump is squelling its coz you're running out of fuel and drawing air into the pump the swirlpot outlet is at the rear of the tank, I used to get that when I braked hard with low fuel in the tank and it all runs to the front of the tank lol, fitted an external swirlpot and lift pump now (don't trust the ford gauge below 1/4 of a tank)

hope some of that helps

+ Reply to Thread