User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pipes pinto :)

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Pipes pinto :)

Brilliant stuff, answers alot of my own wonders, thanks for your time and effort.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User onecamohv's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

another great video Graham, very interesting. thanks for taking the time to post. it does show though that people that slate carbs in favour of injection because it makes a world of difference...... just shows they cant tune carbs. The difference is there of course and you will never get the drivability of injection, but a well tuned set of carbs, difference in raw figures is small.
    this must be getting to the limit of the breathing limits of a Pinto in a traditional setup, great work

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onecamohv View Post
    another great video Graham, very interesting. thanks for taking the time to post. it does show though that people that slate carbs in favour of injection because it makes a world of difference...... just shows they cant tune carbs. The difference is there of course and you will never get the drivability of injection, but a well tuned set of carbs, difference in raw figures is small.
    this must be getting to the limit of the breathing limits of a Pinto in a traditional setup, great work
    your welcome, thanks are appreciated, the time it takes to put the videos together is incredible, even though i already had all the data it was still a days work to make.

these days i very much have a foot in both the carb and injection camps, given mad mad cams injection defiantly helps make them drive-able at lower speeds, but for ultimate peak power or more normal cams there is very little outright power difference. Same too with ignition in those tests mapped ignition proved better than an off the shelf distributor, but he difference wasnt huge, but its defiantly easy to change an ignition map than it is re-curve distributors. Carbs though really are the other way round, a few times recently ive been able to guess a jet setting which powerwise couldnt be bettered, you can do that with an injection fueling map it takes way way longer to get one of them right.

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Pipes pinto :)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    your welcome, thanks are appreciated, the time it takes to put the videos together is incredible, even though i already had all the data it was still a days work to make.

these days i very much have a foot in both the carb and injection camps, given mad mad cams injection defiantly helps make them drive-able at lower speeds, but for ultimate peak power or more normal cams there is very little outright power difference. Same too with ignition in those tests mapped ignition proved better than an off the shelf distributor, but he difference wasnt huge, but its defiantly easy to change an ignition map than it is re-curve distributors. Carbs though really are the other way round, a few times recently ive been able to guess a jet setting which powerwise couldnt be bettered, you can do that with an injection fueling map it takes way way longer to get one of them right.
    Yeah 100% agree with that fact, I'm a fan of mapped ignition as it's so easy to see what's happening and make adjustments, as opposed to 'hoping' what a dizzy is doing is what you want it to after setting it. I've done a bit of fuel mapping on 4ages before and it took days, bit longer than swapping a set of jets! But, it can't be argued that the drivability injection gives might not be measured on a dyno but makes life at low/mid rpm much better.

Either scenario, those figures are fantastic, great work 👍 keep the vids coming, love getting a YouTube notification for more pinto experiments!

P.S I forget the original spec, if it's not secret, what compression and fuel is this version running?
    Last edited by onecamohv; 08-11-2022 at 21:21.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onecamohv View Post
    Yeah 100% agree with that fact, I'm a fan of mapped ignition as it's so easy to see what's happening and make adjustments, as opposed to 'hoping' what a dizzy is doing is what you want it to after setting it. I've done a bit of fuel mapping on 4ages before and it took days, bit longer than swapping a set of jets! But, it can't be argued that the drivability injection gives might not be measured on a dyno but makes life at low/mid rpm much better.

Either scenario, those figures are fantastic, great work �� keep the vids coming, love getting a YouTube notification for more pinto experiments!

P.S I forget the original spec, if it's not secret, what compression and fuel is this version running?
    compression is 12.1 fuel tesco 99, head is 2.0 non injection with no welding, filler or anything really trick but here are some small differences shape wise compared to most that are not obvious. cam is a newman p6, no idea where its timing in though as i simply swing it around on the dyno

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    compression is 12.1 fuel tesco 99, head is 2.0 non injection with no welding, filler or anything really trick but here are some small differences shape wise compared to most that are not obvious. cam is a newman p6, no idea where its timing in though as i simply swing it around on the dyno
    wow that's a really healthy torque spread for that, nice! - i wouldn't have expected the torque to come on as strong as early with pump fuel and only 12.1, the head must be working really well! i know the displacement helps of course, but still this will pull like a train out of corners. id say you'd see even more with 13+, race fuel and more ign advance

Racer Decade Plus User andypipe's Avatar
    My Race Car
    Thanks

Rallying is a cure for Insommnia

Click on the picture to find out how I,m doing

www.snaglets.com

+ Reply to Thread