User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sierra oval racer

Bodger

Thanks

sierra oval racer

Thought i better start a thread on here as my brother has two,

its an ex lightning rod sierra xr4 shell with rear pillas cut to be made to look like a proper 2 door, got it with a standard pinto, gaz front shocks, type 9 with a 3.9, standard rear shocks. Anyway got it back in october done a bit of body work, got a mate that had a spare lightning rod engine said i could borrow it for a meeting. So i planned to get it out at foxhall stadium late november, had to rebuild the head of the race engine as it had a bent valve, got it sorted put it in the car and it sounded great, brought a 3.6 diff as foxhall is quiet big track after sorting it had to do a few niggerly bits here and there we were ready for our first meeting, my first time out in a RWD,
    Day of the meeting pissing down with rain... started the car up in the morning and it kept bouncing from 4-3 cylinders, at the time we thought it was just over fueling where it was just sitting there being revved up so got it loaded up got to the track unloaded the car got scutineered back to the truck and batteries died (yes runs 24v) after they had bin on charge for 2 days!!!! juzt before the first race i managed to borrow a fully charged battery which got me on the track started at the back.. green flag dropped got plenty of wheelspin i was away track being like a river got to first corner booted it out and the car went right round and i was facing the wall from the centre green.. as that happened there was a crash on the back straight which brought out the safty car, so i was able to pull out and i was now a lap down had 1 of the top blokes behind me who is very quick green flag came back out so i went wide let him past and followed him down the home straight felt good power and i was happy managed another lap letting the rest of the pack past and all of a sudden came out the first corner and BANG BANG BANG out the exhaust. I pulled off and that was my race over, got back in the pits being pushed by a shogun as wouldnt start and look at the engine that was all fine spoke to someone and they said it would only do that if its burning fuel, turned out it was a dead spark and battery was dead, game over i was pissed off, wet and fed up. So loaded it up and went to watch rest of the meeting. Week later i charged the batteries up started it up and she sounded great again.

After a lot of thinking and talking weve decided to ditch the pinto and go zetec and back to racing on dirt at stansted raceway a decision based on money and the lack of it ive got.

Enough of reading i bet ur bored so heres some pictures any questions please ask.
    - "I'm droping the hammer"-

Bodger

Thanks

Re: sierra oval racer

img]http://media2.turbosport.co.uk/2013/11/2014012021157975476IMG_115795052153661.jpeg[/img]

img]http://media2.turbosport.co.uk/2013/11/2014012021156859566IMG_115800306609228.jpeg[/img]

Bodger

Thanks

Sortave worked this is my first time...

Bodger

Thanks

Som pics of my old dirt hotrod 1.6cvh on twin 40s

Last edited by bensrod; 20-01-2014 at 21:38.

My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

You like to keep me busy don't ya, nice 1, just hurry up and get the car down the shop,
    For that festa liked 2 eat driveshafts
    Last edited by rwd2ltrfiesta; 20-01-2014 at 21:59.

Bodger

Thanks

As you see in the last pic 'U DA MAN'

Bodger

Thanks

Fiesta was a monster

Tyre Kicker

Thanks