User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bike carbs onto 4 age

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

bike carbs onto 4 age

i have just got a new 4age engine and want to put bike carbs onto it does anyone know anything about this

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: bike carbs onto 4 age

There are a heap of threads on this. Just have a quick search.

Matt

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

thanks im just trying to work these forms new to all this

Gavin

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Ok, I am running R1 Bike Carbs on a pinto. You'll need an inlet manifold from Bogg Bros, DanST etc or you can make your own. You then need a fuel pump from the same bike the carbs came off to ensure you have the right fuel pressure. It is pretty easy all up but once on and running do yourself a favour and get it on a rolling road rathet than try to tune it yourself.

If you don't know what you are doing you won't get the ideal setting and then you'll think it wasn't all worthwhile whch it definitely is.

Good luck,

Matt

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

ah yes i know about the manifolt thanks. the part im stuck on is the loom will the carbs get rid of my old loom and the distributor is set to the old loom so would i need a distributor and what one would i use. would a redtop fuel pump work or would i need the one off the bike.
    im going useing cbr fire blade carbs. thanks

gavin

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

What you need is a hyperpak ignition system to turn the original trigger dizzy into a full blown distributor, which controls the advance curve rather than it being controlled by the ecu like before. Effectively the wiring loom is redundant as the engine now needs to be wired up like a normal crossflow engine.

I'm sure you can use an electric pump like you would use if using twin40's etc and then a carburettor spec fuel pressure reg before the connection to the carbs to regulate down to the fuel pressure required by the bike carbs. I quick search on here for bike carbs on this forum will throw up the exact info you need as quite a few people have converted to bike carbs on other engines.

You would also need to block the injector holes in the head with some injector plugs or similar.

HTH

A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life.

+ Reply to Thread