User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ex-Prost cars heading for Sepa

What curb ;-) Decade Plus User FF_Mark's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

ex-Prost cars heading for Sepa

ex-Prost cars heading for Sepang.

If this is true, what engines are they going to use ? Ferrari said they will not supply them and there are no other engine available.

Taken from www.F1-live.com

According to one of our sources in Kuala Lumpur, two cars that used to belong to the now defunct Prost Grand Prix are currently in Malaysia, presumably to compete in this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix.

During the Australian Grand Prix weekend, it came to light that British businessman, Charles Nickerson, had purchased the assets of the French team that was forced into liquidation in late January. Arrows boss Tom Walkinshaw admitted that he would be supplying engineering expertise to help the new outfit make it to the grid in time for Malaysia or Brazil at the latest.

However, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone stated that Nickerson had only purchased some expensive show cars and not Prost's official entry into Formula One, and there was no way the team could compete in the 2002 season.

Gaston Mazzacane has also revealed that he was to be in London on Monday in regard to driving for the Phoenix outfit, the Argentinean driver claiming to have a signed contract to drive for the squad this season. The ex-Prost driver is said to be partnering another ex-Prost man, Czech driver Tomas Enge. Now with the news that both cars are currently in Malaysia, we could just see 12 teams and 24 drivers on the Sepang track this weekend after all.

Virginie Papin from Prost Grand Prix has confirmed exclusively to us that both cars (AP04's) are definitely in Malaysia for the next round of the championship, however she also stated they have absolutely no contact with the new team, and no one connected with Prost Gp will be in Malaysia. Whether they will be allowed to race, is still another question.....stay tuned!

Management Team Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Re: ex-Prost cars heading for Sepa

Ah some geezer was on the phone to BSW asking about a couple of ZVH engines.....maybe just maybe

************** Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Maybe they wanna borrow my truck as well

My 1st Project
    Thanks

I would of thought a Nova 1.2 engine with a power boost valve would be enough to see off the Ferrari's

My 1st Project
    Thanks

News update

However, as expected by many, their audacious bid was dashed by the world motorsport's governing body within hours of their arrival. The FIA explained that because the court overseeing the winding up of Prost Grand Prix had not transferred the team's entry into this season's championship, Phoenix simply could not take part in the Malaysian Grand Prix, not even on a provisional basis.

"The court has not transferred Prost Grand Prix itself nor made any attempt to transfer the Prost Grand Prix entry in the 2002 Formula One World Championship, either to Phoenix Finance Limited or to Mr. Nickerson," the statement said. "The FIA has therefore informed Phoenix and Mr. Nickerson that they are not entered in the 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship and that it cannot allow them to participate in Malaysia, even on a provisional basis."

+ Reply to Thread