User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBC Greestuff Pads

TS Supporter Decade Plus User

Thanks

EBC Greestuff Pads

OK people, I need some advice!

I have an AP racing big brake kit on my cossie, consisting of 330mm AP cross drilled discs and CP5200 4 pots, fitted with the above EBC greenstuff pads (as supplied by AP in the kit).

Now, at low braking speeds, all is fine, no noise, no vibration, nothing, but if braking from high speed, I get this horrible noise and vibration coming from the front I have heard that the Green stuff pads can cause this, but I want to hear some more info before I go and invest in some new pads from another supplier (mintex 1144's probably), so please let me know of your experiences with these pads

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: EBC Greestuff Pads

Used these in our road rally car (Mg metro) never had any problems .. we've recently stuck some std pads back in and they start to fade after a while were as the greenstuff ones never did

have they been bedded in properly ? ... most race (non road) pads need to be given some stick when bedding in

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Hugh's Avatar

Thanks

I have heard very mixed reports about Greenstuff pads - mostly leaning towards negative comments. I personally thought that they were supposed to be very good, but equally are very harsh on discs.
    All rumours & reports I'm afraid though, as I haven't personally used them. I've heard only good things about their 'black' pads though.

Thanks

I haven't been able to give 'em some real stick yet as i'm still running the car in, I have done some 100 - 40 MPH slow downs, this is when the noise and slight vibration happens.

Also, the Green ones are road pads, the red and black ones are for race use. I haven't had any problems with fade, just the noises. I have a set of Greenstuff's on my GSX-R 750 and have no problems with them at all.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Hi wes, I put a new set of Greenstuff pads on front & rear of my 92' sapphire before doing a Castle Combe track day in March. I carefully bedded them in for about 150 mile's before i got on track, and then gave them hell. After a couple of lap's there was only a slight noise when braking from about 125 mph going into quarry bend, and apart from that they worked great. These pad's replaced Ferodo ds 2000 which worked alright but created enormous amount's of dust very quickly. Also pad material started coming away from backing plate when nearly worn out Used on the road these Greenstuff pad's work well from cold, create hardly any dust and do not seem to make any undue noise even from 3 figure speeds. ( on private dual carriageway ) Hope this helps

Thanks

Cheers for the info, sounds like I've got some more bedding in to do for the brakes, i'll keep you all posted

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User

Thanks

I had Greenstuff on my Merc which is obviously a big heavy car and never had a single problem at all!! Normal pads wore out very quickly but these lasted and didn't have any fade either.

Could the vibration be coming from the tyre if the pads are biting hard??? Just a thought.

Kieron

Thanks

Not to sure about that one Kieron, the ABS should stop that happening otherwise it would lock the front wheels. I might try turning the ABS off and see what happens

Thanks

The wheels shouldn't lock but under heavy breaking the tyres will bite against the road. Sometimes they hum against the road, Like a 4x4 would do under hard corninering.... I may be well off the track & be completely wrong but it just a thought?

Kieron

Thanks

Noted m8, but I don't get vibration under hard conering, I get screams from my passengers, and not the good screams either

I never had this on my old 4 pot setup, I now think it is just down to the pads not being fully bedded in yet, time will tell

Thanks

Must be something to do with the pad then unless something had worked loose since fitting them..

Keep us informed anyhow so I can log it in my head along with all the other useless crap I keep!

Kieron

Thanks

Same problem with my greenstuff pads,
    properly bedded in, 5000 miles on them, still noisy and shit
    Putting other pads in next week, mintex, i'll see what they do.

But I heard a comment on being the new greenstuff V4 or summat, and the older ones having less problems ?
    Not sure if this is true, but I'd never put the greencrap in again.

+ Reply to Thread