User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cossie lifters

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Cossie lifters

Is there any way of checking these lifters?? It's easy on the cvh to see when ones faulty, but having looked at all the cossie ones they look ok?? Where next ?? also where is the best place to get some lifters from, Have been quote 200 quid for kent ones.

TS Supporter Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Cossie lifters

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.woodfordgaragemotorsport.co.uk> Woodford Garage Motorsport </a>

or

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.grahamgoode.com> Graham Goode Racing </a>

£150 a set from both places.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Ok got it sussed now sorry to go on about it but its my first cossie engine. Still have done two miles in the car?(in the pissing rain with no boost) Laugh I wish I could. Anyway turns out to be the big end bearings(how I thought it was top end I don't know) new ones arrive tomorrow so I should be out and about at last. How long do I have to run in the shells???

TS Supporter Decade Plus User

Thanks

hmmm not to sure on that one, when new cams are fitted your supposed to run them in for around 200 miles, as the big-ends are a big job to do i would double that figure and add some just to be sure as they are a very vital part of the engine, so 500 miles of no boost and under 4000 RPM, if it was me

+ Reply to Thread