TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Scammers selling engines

Some of you may of seen a thread relating to a certain company taking money from buyers, for engines or engine parts and not sending the the items or sending junk instead. That thread generated a lot of leads which helped uncover a LOT of criminal activity, it seems there were some very unpleasant people involved, the police became involved and started digging. At that point i pulled the thread because whilst the thread had got a ball rolling there was a danger it would of tipped off the criminals involved, and they may of disappeared before the police had finished their work.

it would seem that the TS thread uncovered the tip of a very large iceberg, which goes way beyond a single scammer. its quite possible that there are others involved which are not currently known to the police. For reasons mentioned above we dont really want to go publicly naming names, however it would be good if you can all read the statement below and if appropriate act accordingly on it.

CAR PARTS FRAUD. If you have purchased and paid for a used car part on ebay or elsewhere in the last two years and either it was not delivered at all or an inferior item was sent and the seller was from North Yorkshire, and you have not already reported anything to the police, please contact myself by pm with the information making sure to state your contact number and email address. The information will be passed to the Police who are carrying out an investigation into the fraud.
    Last edited by Graham; 25-07-2014 at 19:58.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Scammers selling engines

Thanks Graham. Please do reply if you have been scammed. People like this destroy the trust between car enthusiasts who trust each other that when money is handed over they get what is expected. Its good to see the Police have acted in this case and criminality wont pay!

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

I wondered where that thread had gone! Thanks for the update.

Do you want any further leads providing (obviously by PM!) if any activity is seen from sellers in future - for example if adverts start appearing for items in the same vein as before?
    Last edited by HonkyWhiteTrash; 26-07-2014 at 08:28.

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyWhiteTrash View Post
    I wondered where that thread had gone! Thanks for the update.

Do you want any further leads providing (obviously by PM!) if any activity is seen from sellers in future - for example if adverts start appearing for items in the same vein as before?
    people have been arrested and bailed as a direct result of the initial thread.

yes if you have any further leads relating to dodgy dealings around engines and the seller is north yorkshire based, forward them to me by pm, but only if your willing to include your contact number and email address, i have the email address of a police officer that they will be further forwarded onto

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

The Fraudsters were not only North Yorkshire based but Lancashire too.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

ppl all i can say as advice is know what your buying and where it came from as lots engines being imported from other eu countrys by container loads come to uk then unscruplous places sell as recons only cons done apart from quick steam clean and minimal parts on outer to look good if its ford know your codes etc as anyone can be conned with an engine as ppl sell via ebay etc before ppl realise accounts deleted and your left with useless lumps of metal when u paid hundreds if not thousands of pounds for and worst part is its not just rs models or xr its any car any engine you buy could be dodgy import and sold through online sites good luck to you all and thanks admin for accepting me to this great site

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beedubz View Post
    ppl all i can say as advice is know what your buying and where it came from as lots engines being imported from other eu countrys by container loads come to uk then unscruplous places sell as recons only cons done apart from quick steam clean and minimal parts on outer to look good if its ford know your codes etc as anyone can be conned with an engine as ppl sell via ebay etc before ppl realise accounts deleted and your left with useless lumps of metal when u paid hundreds if not thousands of pounds for and worst part is its not just rs models or xr its any car any engine you buy could be dodgy import and sold through online sites good luck to you all and thanks admin for accepting me to this great site
    , . ; : .

Bodger

Thanks

Good advice

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Seller sarsmi_8suyokhgp ...A crossflow cylinder head sold about 5 times, a duratec head sold 4 times - REALLY??

Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Norton View Post
    Seller sarsmi_8suyokhgp ...A crossflow cylinder head sold about 5 times, a duratec head sold 4 times - REALLY??
    Yes that's them again! (location Thirsk)
    If you look at the 'sold' items most of them a new ebayer (0 feedback) was the highest bidder.
    Only the XFlow head sold at 17 July has another ebayer as the highest bidder and he gave negative feedback.

Bodger

Thanks

Latest update re this fraud - good news that the case finally goes to court on the 24th Oct, the main culprit has pleaded guilty and the other not. Lets hope they go down and not just a slap. If i can find out the result i'll update.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to apmonty For This Useful Post:

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Scammers selling engines

Good news indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Good work indeed.
    People like this give the normal guy with bits & pieces that are surplus to future need a bad name
    Keep em peeled
    Ford V4 engines for sale. 07977 409910

Spanner Monkey

My 1st Project
    Thanks

This seems to be happening more and more on this and other car sites. I would like to suggest a section that can only be viewed by forum uses who can be certified (not sure how to do that) but anyone who is scammed can post names and details of the scam. I just got offered a set of CP2361 calipers for $700US (good deal) but when I told him a friend would stop by, pick up and pay.... it all went silent.
    James

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James Jordan View Post
    but when I told him a friend would stop by, pick up and pay.... it all went silent.
    James

yeah been there, you know somethings wrong if you cant turn up with cash

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James Jordan View Post
    but when I told him a friend would stop by, pick up and pay.... it all went silent.
    James

yeah been there, you know somethings wrong if you cant turn up with cash

Bodger

Thanks

BE CAREFULL GUYS!!!!!!!!

The scammers appear to have started up again now their suspended sentences have expired. 2 items on ebay and Racecarsdirect.

Items: eBay item number: 153717122796 and 153720318663

Noticed this over the last few months but normally we are successful in taking them down, but not this time it appears. They are as per norm using venous Ebay id's with low feedback no's on a few useless items purchased.

Lets hope they have turned over a new leaf, but as only taking cash I doubt it.

Bodger

Thanks

BE CAREFULL GUYS!!!!!!!!

The scammers appear to have started up again now their suspended sentences have expired. 2 items on ebay and Racecarsdirect.

Noticed this over the last few months but normally we are successful in taking them down, but not this time it appears. They are as per norm using venous Ebay id's with low feedback no's on a few useless items purchased.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apmonty View Post
    BE CAREFULL GUYS!!!!!!!!

I recognised those listings (and their previous listings a while back) and thought it was the same people as were discussed at the start of this thread.

Will keep an eye out for listings of a similar type.

Is anyone here on TS intending to liaise with relevant parties (ie Police etc) in case any info regarding these dodgy sellers seems noteworthy?

Spanner Monkey

My 1st Project
    Thanks

I have previously suggested a ‘section listing’ known scammers and adverts.
    It is still a good idea.

There is a big scam going on on BDA/G/H engines originating here in US. I know of 2 people already been taken.
    The person name is Mike Lancy in Bosie Idaho. I found a current ad and baited him... got a load of details,

He trades with a smartbuziness email address. I would share all the details with ANYONE who may be considering.
    Again, I would strongly suggest a section is open where we can collect and identify these cunts

Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Hello James,
    any idea if this Mike Lancy is the actual seller (maybe his account / email got hacked)?
    There is a Tried & Tested section here if you want to share experiences with a fraudulent person.
    Grtz, Leon.
    (PS: guess you mean Boise, Idaho).

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

just a company to careful of is Premier Motorsport developments Bedfodshire people ordering zetec rwd sumps but never get them.....including me !
    when you ring to ask about orders you just get Tesco mobile answer service......
    be very careful....

+ Reply to Thread