User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pager fitting?

I love to crap Decade Plus User PercyBigun's Avatar

Thanks

pager fitting?

i've got hold of one of them microscan pager thingys - apparently i can wire it into the courtesy light door switch. is it pretty straight forward or is there anything i need to know?

Thanks

Re: pager fitting?

turned out pretty easy in the end. just wire to + and - of doorswitch, a permanent positive and ground, and to a switch to ground. theres other wires to plug into alarm, and sensors etc which i may sort out.

one point is that on a mk2 mondeo, the door switch positive wire is black, and negative is black with a red stripe.

Mechanic

Thanks

what's the range like on ya pager, i've heard there not all that good, i'm having an sms module fitted to the coz nxt week which send you a txt message to your mobile whenever your alarm goes off, still not sure about the whole thing but i've paid the guy so i'll wait n see what its like and let you all know.

PJay

Thanks

the range is supposed to be about a mile, its fine for parking outside the office, home or hotels but if we go anywhere we're going to park further we take the GF's car cos its standard and shouldnt attract twats! i was thinking of one of the SMS things but they cost alot more, might get one eventually.

Mechanic

Thanks

same here, if i'm going anywhere dodgy i'll take the turbo or better still her car!!!

the sms thingy only cost me 180 and i thought the microscan pager was about 150ish?

There also bringing out a gps module for it so you check you pride and joy is still in its garage when you on your hols!!

PJay

Thanks

i got the microscan for 80 from www.directcarparts.co.uk. its linked to the doorswitch but i can add an internal sensor so it will tell be if any of the glass gets broke, and i can wire it into the alarm. different icons flash up on the pager screen to tell you if the door is opened, glass is broke, or alarm has gone off so you know what has happened. but i need a couple of addons for mine.

+ Reply to Thread