User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Can I make 185bhp??

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

How Can I make 185bhp??

I am currently haveing an engine rebuild, and I am wanting 185bhp, When its done, Whats the best way to go about it and what mods will I need. Thanks ..Matt..

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: How Can I make 185bhp??

Chip, actuator, desent exhaust and air filter and you shouldn't be too far off.

or

while the engines in bit's have the bottom end lightened/balance, low compression pistons, hp oil pump, breather system, then get a bigger/hybrid turbo, larger intercooler, 5th injector system, decent cam and head ported and polished and you'll be well over 200 bhp with that lot!!

PJay

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

185 is easy....

As PJay said.... chip etc....just don't get a Scorpion exhaust as they are more restrictive than the standard exhaust....Mongoose or Magnex seem to be the choice these days.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Depends which rolling road you go to!

I average 177 at john nobles and 193 at well lane!

Ive got turbosystems 195 chip (peaks at 16 and holds 14.5psi) piper 285t2 cam and vernier pulley,mongoose and k&n.

Thanks

Goose exhaust, k&n or similar air filter, and a chip running about 14 psi should see 170ish, depending on you intercooler will depend how far u wanna take it really.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

The car already has a kn, excaust, 285t3 cam, and I am going to add a vernier pulley, the is re-bored to .5, and the crank as been ground, so everthing is vertually like new, I think I am going to add a -31 actuater, and go down to karl norris, to set it me up. Hopefully I can run a reliable 185bhp. if not more. Is there any point splashing out for oil seperaters, or swirl pots, or even oil coolers, How do I go about the thift injecter? How mutch am I looking for an uprated oil pump, The reason its having a engine rebuild is because, the oil pump lost alot of pressure but kept enough to prevent the oil light from coming on, so the bid ends, wore away, till it was making a very loud noise. Any help really appreciated, Thanks ..Matt..

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

I believe Mr Norris can get upto 250bhp without going to a 5th injector.He modifies the air flow meter.

He has a list of tuning stages on his website www.norrismotorsport.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread