User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back in a Ford

Racer Decade Plus User Si_Steve's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Back in a Ford

So after a few years of not owning a blue oval I've ended up with a reasonably nice ST170.

After an accident in my 93 (not my fault) I needed a car to fill the gap. I found an ST170 for sale cheap with 44k on the clock and an overheating issue.

This evening was spent replacing the water pump, flushing the cooling system and fitting a new thermostat.

Half an hour later the issue was found

New pump fitted along with a new thermostat from Mahle who make a lot of o.e stuff for Ford and Vw etc

Plan tomorrow is to give it a tidy/clean up and find out why the engine light is on (i'm guessing lambda sensor)...First impressions are good over all of the car...it reminds me of my old Fiesta SI with the way it handles and goes really well, actually very impressed by it to be honest.

Racer Decade Plus User Si_Steve's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Back in a Ford

Well it threw up a few more issues (probably explains the low mileage ) It kept cutting out and when it was running any throttle just killed it...Ended up being the fuel pump in the end.

So the car got a new sump as the original was leaking all over the cat, new leads, plugs, coilpack and fuel filter and is now running much nicer.

Been looking at some tuning options for it, but seeing as it already has a cat back and K&N panel filter I don't think there's much point in doing anything else with the engine...Maybe an underdrive pulley set as I've heard good things about them.

Anyway here's some pics of it now it's running right etc

I really want to find a set of standard wheels though.

+ Reply to Thread