User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intro

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Intro

Hi All

Currently looking for a new project for my Dad, I've just been 'broken in' to Fords through a crossflow powered Westfield, which got me slightly hooked on the mightiness of the crossflow engine and I ended up building two 1700 711m engines to 130bhp spec. I've now sold all my crossflow stuff (already missing it), so when my old man said on the phone last night that he's scouring the internet for a Ford project, I got quite keen!

He's after a 100e really, but in 1974 he bought a brand new mk1 RS2000 which he subsequently had to sell after losing his driving licence by racing an unmarked police car!! Searching for a new project has got him nostalgic, so we're also trying to track that down too.

Although it started life as stardust silver with blue decals, I found a picture online of it resprayed but looking mighty fine. I think there's a chance it was sold through here 7 years ago, I've put a post up on the ad which I think might be it, so if anyone has any info we'd really like to hear from you. Here's the photo I found:

http://platewave.com/content/plate/p...1369401674.jpg

In searching I stumbled across this site and have to say I think it's great, I've paid my membership and look forward to being a part of it.

Both my Dad and I are also into real mini's, he's got a 1971 Cooper S and a later Racing Green, they're both in incredible condition and used regularly for meets and track days. The Cooper flies! It's great fun recreating 60's style racing with them.

What a rambling intro!

Cheers

Barny

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Intro

Welcome to TS Barney

I think you will find its one of the best forums around

Tyre Kicker

Thanks