User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boost

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

boost

dose anyone know ..... can i fit a -31 act and turn my boost up to make the car faster.i.e a cheap way of chippinh?.thanks.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: boost

nope, your ecu has a boost limit of about 9-10 psi, any more and it cuts out, u need to get a chipped ecu to be able to run more booooooooosssstt. u can put a bleed valve on, and turn the boost up about 2-3 psi tho.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

can i not turn the boost up to 9-10 psi on the -31 act.then leave it alone i think that will be fast enoung for the time being

Mechanic

Thanks

With the boost set to 9-10 psi wih the actuator it will spike over the boost limit and cut out not only that when the car is holding 10 psi it will be running lean, trust me as i found out the hard way!!!!!

PJay

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Yep PJ is right, the whole idea of cheap chipping is nothing more than engine suicide, and usually always ends in tears, i cannot stress to you enough how easy it is to put a hole in a piston by fiddling with the bleedvalve, basically the easiest way to a reliable powerhike is the 150bhp conversion, which most tuners dish out for about £100 to £150, it involves no chipping, raising the boost, and most importantly raising the fuel pressure, to cope with the added boost, and a -31 act, that is the cheapest way to do it.

+ Reply to Thread