User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lord help me.....

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Lord help me.....

Ok not a major problem as such, but a little bit irritating....

Car goes like a rocket in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and fifth when it is a little above 1bar oil, but then sometimes it just hesitates as if it is holding back loads of power - also makes a heaving noise whilst on boost sometimes, like someone breathing heavily in and out...

...I really notice it sometimes on the motorway it will hesitate at 2-3000 rpm and just not do alot, feels like 150bhp instead of the 220 it should be, have taken it to 135mph no probs, everything else is perfect.....NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE!

Thanks

Re: Lord help me.....

No idea, and looks like nobody else does either!

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

This may not be the best advice, but out of curiosity what fuel are you using, not unleaded i hope, check your air filter, and if possible get your fuel pressure checked, i am assuming the car is mechanically sound, failing this have a look at one of your spark plugs, gud indicator to see if your car is fuelling okay, running lean or rich, other than that check your hoses, and your actuator, if your car is running 220, it will not take much to upset it, performance wise, ideally you should take it to somewhere like SCC and just get a 60 quid tune, may save you alot of bother in the long run, and it could be a warning sign of a part, that may be on its way out..

World Champion Decade Plus User markb's Avatar

Thanks

IMO sounds like an airleak, although they do generally ger worse as the revs rise.
    also had similar symptoms when my fuel real went on my 1st s1 - although it wasn't so much hesitating as misfiring.

if it really s only hesitating, suggest you get the cam, timing checked and dialled in properly.

thes emay all be red herrrings as i cannot account for the oil pressure thing.. unless it['s lack of oil to the turbo.. which would obviously cause lack of boost, power , and knacker you turbo !

hop that's of some very vague help!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

had same problem with me s1 turned out 2 be vacum sensor in ecu. well worth getting it checked......

+ Reply to Thread