User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S2000 Throttle Pot

Bodger

Thanks

S2000 Throttle Pot

Hello lads My s2000 install in a mk 2 with jenveys, race tec ecu and dry sump is very slow to return to idle after u stab the throttle. We replaced the seals at the injectors as some were split but that didnt cure it. We were going to try replacing the throttle potentiometer and see if it cures but I cant seem to get one. If I try to order of Honda it wont come without buying a whole standard throttle body. Is there anyone out there that could supply me with a 2nd hand one.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: S2000 Throttle Pot

Do you mean 4x Jenvey Throttle bodies? You don't need Honda TPS you can use the one from Jenvey but I would be surprised this would be the issue. What ignition timing is programmed at idle or just above in load site 0 (closed throttle) ? Are you using a link between all 4 throttle bodies to a stepper engine for idle control or just linked for whatever?

Bodger

Thanks

I dont know the details of the map to be honest. I am know using a rebuilt engine as the last one blew up. The map has not changed and made good figures previously so you would think the map should be ok.

Bodger

Thanks

I do plan to get the car re-mapped as I just got the exhaust fabricated so that all 4 primarys are the same as a standard S2000 in a Mk2 application. But I would like to make sure the revs slow to return to idle is a problem I can fix before I bring it to the rollers.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

That's why I'm asking, what numbers are filled in at zero throttle. You don't need a dyno to get these right. Did you "lined" the TPS in the software? Does the engine know it's at idle? I don't have experiences with TEC ECU's but is approx the same in all setups. Of course, you have to keep and eye on air leaks but to high ignition advance can do the same. Sure throttle does close correct, nog "hanging" on the throttle cable?

Bodger

Thanks

Really appreciate the help on this, but Sorry , I dont know the answers to any of those qs, their beyond my knowledge, I do have the software for mapping the system. We did remove the Throttle position sensor and move it a little and heh presto the revs dropped back down nice and quickly like they should, but somehow we managed to damage the sensor, so we have a new one ordered before we go further.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

That there is basic ECU 101....... before any running is under taken you baseline the TPS / ECU at closed throttle and at Full throttle positions! If someone told you to run a 100m you'd want to know where to start from and where the finish line is - exactly same principle!

+ Reply to Thread