User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay pal question

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Pay pal question

If i send a parcel to Europe and the guy says he never received it can he claim his money back through PayPal? Or if he pays me as a gift is there no come back? Just in the past I refused to send stuff to Europe as I have sold stuff on eBay and they say they never received it and PayPal refund them the money which means they have got my goods and they have got there money back as well.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Pay pal question

correct, if you get paid as a gift and it doesnt turn up then nothing will be done, but get paid through normal paypal if they say it never turns up paypal will refund them instantly and you are doubly out of pocket, unless you can prove they have had it

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Thanks graham that's what I thought there's a guy on the forum wanting me to send stuff out to Portugal but has paid me with PayPal but not as a gift which means if he says he doesn't receive it he could go into his paypal and claim his money back off of me. Which means he has the goods and his money back.

Any ideas who to resolve this issue

Another note I said I would not post abroad and he said he would arrange his own carrier but if his carrier looses it where do we stand then?

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

send the stuff in such a way its tracked, signed for and insured, therefore if he does claim the stuff didnt arrive you can either prove otherwise or claim on the insurance

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

The plot thickens
    The total price was £119 but PayPal helped there self to £4.84 for there charges.
    But the guy wants a refund because I won't send them to Europe which is fine. Now wants me to return his £119 back in full but I only received £114.16 which I have returned in full. But has now opened a case with PayPal for the remanding £4.84 which PayPal have got for the money transfer.
    Any thoughts??? Anyone???

Spanner Monkey

Thanks
    Did you refund him the money or just sent it to his email

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mk2 13sport View Post
    The plot thickens
    The total price was £119 but PayPal helped there self to £4.84 for there charges.
    But the guy wants a refund because I won't send them to Europe which is fine. Now wants me to return his £119 back in full but I only received £114.16 which I have returned in full. But has now opened a case with PayPal for the remanding £4.84 which PayPal have got for the money transfer.

If you had refunded the actual transaction through Paypal (there is a section called "refund transaction") then £114.16 would have been refunded by you and the £4.84 fees would have been refunded by Paypal themselves. But if you just sent him the £114.16 as a completely separate transaction then he is entitled to claim the remainder back - after all, he has been short-changed!

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

No I hit the refund button

Bodger

Thanks

Allways send item tracked or signed for. I learned my lesson the hard way, sent parts off totalling £250 to a guy in england. He claims he never received them and opened a case against me. Paypal/ebay instantly refunded him even after me producing the reciept from the post office with his postcode and details on it. So he then got his £250 back aswel as having the parts.

Sellers on ebay hardly have a leg to stand on, unless you have concrete proof of tracking and a signature and address of where it was taken to, sellers can wave their money bye bye if a case is opened. Makes you wonder is e en worth selling stuff on ebay with con artists like this around.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymk3 View Post
    Allways send item tracked or signed for. I learned my lesson the hard way, sent parts off totalling £250 to a guy in england. He claims he never received them and opened a case against me. Paypal/ebay instantly refunded him even after me producing the reciept from the post office with his postcode and details on it. So he then got his £250 back aswel as having the parts.

Sellers on ebay hardly have a leg to stand on, unless you have concrete proof of tracking and a signature and address of where it was taken to, sellers can wave their money bye bye if a case is opened. Makes you wonder is e en worth selling stuff on ebay with con artists like this around.
    That's what happened to me mate

Bodger

Thanks

That's what happened to me mate

I kept his address at the time, thinking to myself if im ever over in england around that way il go and knock him up his hall, but after thinking about it, it would take me more than £250 to get out of jail lol

World Champion Decade Plus User meXEco's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

I always try and send stuff tracked/signed for even if it costs me a few quid out of my pocket better than losing the lot there's some unscrupulous people out there unfortunately. Its about time eBay had some honest competition I reckon!

'68 1100 Deluxe-bog stock soon to be a twincam rep.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Ebay is quite poor these days, lots of dishonest people trying to get rid of their junk, stripped threads, bits missing/broken of and often not worth the hassle of sending back

Bodger

Thanks

you also risk Paypal freezing your account for 6 months.. All for a 4.84£ disagreement.

buying is fun and great via paypal, But selling is really annoying as you stand quite badly, protection-wise

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

No I hit the refund button
    Then ebay will have refunded his money in full.

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Pay pal question

On a side note watch out for the globals shipping scheme which ebay put you on without knowing. You send your goods to a derby address and they loose them sorry i mean forward it on to the foreign buyer. They then get a refund when it has been" lost" and ebay protect you by just divving around even tho they are liable for the goods once they arrive their derby address.

Avoid trust me

Racer Decade Plus User Joe-Tait's Avatar

Thanks

Pay pal question

Quote Originally Posted by wildo105e View Post
    On a side note watch out for the globals shipping scheme which ebay put you on without knowing. You send your goods to a derby address and they loose them sorry i mean forward it on to the foreign buyer. They then get a refund when it has been" lost" and ebay protect you by just divving around even tho they are liable for the goods once they arrive their derby address.

Avoid trust me
    2 of my 5 parcels that I have recently sold have gone missing with this. Payed for them to be signed for but nothing when they reach derby.

No way of stopping PayPal claims now and for all I know the customers could have the goods
    Screaming 1300 mexico rep

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/gsijoe/untitled-21.jpg

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildo105e View Post

Avoid trust me
    Any more info on this?
    Never heard of a global shipping scheme ...

Racer Decade Plus User Joe-Tait's Avatar

Thanks

Pay pal question

If you list an item and then revise it you can see a tick box for global shipping option
    Screaming 1300 mexico rep

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/gsijoe/untitled-21.jpg

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

basically from a UK perspective you sell your item to what appears to be an english buyer and ship it to the Ebay global shipping address in derby. They then forward it on to the foreign buyer and charge them a huge amount of postage.

All sounds great until they lose your goods and you find out your buyer is actually foreign and they start hassling you because they didn't realise they had bought from the UK and they don't speak very good english which just causes confusion when you keep telling them you have posted the goods and eBay has lost them.

Paypal then get a case take the money off you, and say all is good this is resolved.

There is seller protection so if the goods arrive at the Derby address It is Ebay's issue and you are entitled to a refund !!! I am still getting messed about trying to get that refund and suspect i never will that is even with proof of delivery etc.

Google it and you find nothing but horror stories. Of people being ripped off by Ebay who seem incapable of tracking anything but the seller loses out

Never again I doubt i will ever sell anything through eBay again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wildo105e For This Useful Post:

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Tait View Post
    If you list an item and then revise it you can see a tick box for global shipping option
    From the ebay pages:

"eBay Global Shipping Programme: How do I opt out?

We think the pros outweigh the cons for joining the eBay Global Shipping Programme, but if you really want to opt out just go to My eBay, Account, Site Preferences, then click the Show link next to Postage Preferences. Now click Edit next to 'Offer the Global Shipping Programme' and click Opt out.

You can also opt-out on a case-by-case basis. To remove the Global Shipping Programme from a single auction, go to My eBay, Activity, Sell, Active and choose Edit, Edit selected for the relevant item. Click the 'Edit selected policy' link in the 'Add postage details' section, then clear the 'Send it to the UK Shipping Centre' option from the International postage section."

Looks like a new attempt by ebay/PayPal to get even more money from the seller and buyer plus leave the risk if anything goes wrong with the parcel with the seller.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miniliteman View Post
    Looks like a new attempt by ebay/PayPal to get even more money from the seller and buyer plus leave the risk if anything goes wrong with the parcel with the seller.
    that sums it up,

Spanner Monkey

Thanks
    Ive sold a few small items through this and they have all got there up to now.
    However someone from spain bought a gearbox off me at midnight last night, he just hit the buy it now.
    I dont fancy sending a £400 item with a high chance it wont get there.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User bortaf's Avatar

Thanks

Strange really, i've had laods of parcles go missing over the years and every single time PP have returned my payment as soon as i faxed over the postal recipt, not recorded or tracked just a proof of postage at the post office and as already stated if you hit refund and enterd the full amount PP will refund thier wedge of the cash so how can he be claiming the remaining ?

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

I always send stuff tracked ... saves any hassle if they say they dont recieve it.

Bodger

Thanks

always go thru ebay if ever im selling anything low value as they are unbiased on both partys if you can prove you posted it then ebay will let you keep the payment

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

All true

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

The plot thickens
    He is making a fuss of 4.84? Seriously? I'm sorry but I think that is so ridiculous. Short-changed, ok, but honestly, I think any purchase needs to be thoroughly discussed before any money changes hands. He should not have sent you money and agreed to anything without knowing that you would deliver to Europe. And to open a case over such a tiny amount of money. That's really ridiculous. Good luck to him though. I'm sure the hamburger he buys with his refund will taste like sweet victory.

+ Reply to Thread