User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford Essex V6 engine help

Bodger

Thanks

Ford Essex V6 engine help

I have a standard 3.0 essex engine that I have removed the heads on and everything looks all good. I also have another block thats bored and honed to 3.1 I have a set of pistons to match but no rings or rods although I do have a set of rods still connected to another set of pistons. What I am trying to find out here is would it be worth making up the 3.1 everything else will be standard ,is there much to gain? what else could I do to gain a little more without a lot of expence.
    budget about £500 including rings bearings etc I already have everything else
    any help would be great.
    cheers chris

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Ford Essex V6 engine help

going from 3.0 to 3.1 is a mere 2.5% capacity increase any gain will be marginal at best, ford only made the rs3100 for homologation reasons so they could race with 3.4 engines, i wouldnt bother. reworking the inlet manifold to try and get some mixture down the the ends of the engine is well worth doing and costs next to nothing, the heads really benefit from bigger inlet valves but that will probably blow you budget, the std cam is very mild so worth upgrading, but dont go for anything wild unless you suddenly find you have the budget for triple webers also

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Ford Essex V6 engine help

Many thanks Graham I will rebuild the engine standard and put the other one to one side so when funds will allow I can build a better performance engine.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread