User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can any1 suggest a good fast bike

Thanks

Can any1 suggest a good fast bike

hi can any suggest a good fast reliable bike to be driven at 17 and will the bike be able to be resticted to 33hp (got 1 in mind Apriia rs250 any more?)

Thanks

Re: Can any1 suggest a good fast bike

I would go for a 400 mate, something like a CBR400 or VFR400. They are great bikes, good to learn on but when you take the restrictors out, they are quick enough for most 130 - 140 top speed.
    They are also great handling bikes and can give a lot bigger bikes a run for there money on the twisties

Views are IMHO

Thanks

Cheers mate so ill have 2 contact the manufactering dealer to get a restricter kit then do u know how much and can i fit the kit my self also i had in mind a suzuki Gsx-r600 any good ?

Thanks

i ride a 2001 gsxr600 k1, its my fist bike (just passed test!)excellent bike, very fast, handles brilliantly!
    Not sure about restricting it though??

Roland Rat Decade Plus User

Thanks

all bikes except them weird diesel enfileds (under 33 anyway)or the yank army kwacka dirt bikes which are also diesl. Or the direct injection two strokes (try finding one of them!). All it is is a restriction in the carb inlet rubbers in the form of a washer. Most bikes shops can do this for you. However insurance will be greater. I agree with Dazzle have a look at some nc30`s or the like excellent round the twisties, don not overlook the 400 bros. Looks like a courier bike but is very punchy and handles excellent ( i have one as a scrapper at the mo). Fit a fireblade shock and linkaeges to make em really turn in. Rs250 fooking great but regular work and a bit of a handful, be a good track bike though.

+ Reply to Thread