User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: estimated bhp output?

Thanks

estimated bhp output?

hello chaps, just a quick question to the people in the know. ive just had my series 2 rst engine work completed, and i would like to know what sort of power output would i be getting with these mods once it is fully set up?they are:
    stage 3 head,piper high lift cam,stage 3 bottom end with forged pistons,hybrid turbo,t-31 actuator,chip,k and n, scorpion exhaust.samco hoses.polished bailey d/valve.
    ive run it in and is currently running 14 psi,but it really needs to be set up properly.im also missing a charge cooler.does anyone recommend any tuning people in the greater london area that has a good knowledge of the setting up,tuning etc??
    look forward to your replies
    cheers
    jim

World Champion Decade Plus User markb's Avatar

Thanks

Re: estimated bhp output?

Before you can run any major power you'll definitely need some better charge cooling.. either by using a charge cooler or by a big air-air intercooler. You'll also need a 5th injector or the metering head modified to provide more fuel.

At the moment i can't see you cracking out much more than 200bhp, but once you have some better charge cooling if you up the boost (and assuming have a low comp bottom end and the fuelling sorted) then 250 should be feasible.

Power Engineering in Uxbridge are IMO a decent tuner. They're certainly not cheap and tend mainly to jap stuff these days (sign of the times!) but they definitely know what they're doing and I've never had a problem with them myself.

HTH,

mark.

Thanks

thanks mark, ill keep them in mind,i know a chargecooler would benefit, how about an aftermarket intercooler?i have got a low compression bottom end, apparently it is fit for anything up to 24 psi, but i dont think the turbos are up to that!
    thanks for your reply
    jim

World Champion Decade Plus User markb's Avatar

Thanks

depending on the turbo you might be able to run 24psi, but check the specs of it first if I were you! You'll need to get the extra fuelling sorted too as otherwise your nice low comp bottom end won't last 5 minutes!!

Personally I'd take an aftermarket air to air intercooler over a charge cooler. This has been a long debate, but i think the conclusions of most are that chargecoolers are cool for short runs, but once the water in them's hot it can be hard to get the temps back down again, meaning it's less effective. GRS, Pace and Norris Motorsport all make very large front mount intercoolers that go accross the front of the rad. Your cooling system will need to be in tip top order or else you can sometimes get overheating problems. Be aware that some big intercoolers can involve cutting your pront panel and bumper

Some people use sierra cossie ones (the NMS ones are made of multiple cossie ones together) because they have behr cores which are very very efficient, but it can involve a lot of custom pipework to get it to fit!

Mark.

+ Reply to Thread