User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie from Blackpool

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Newbie from Blackpool

Hi All,

I've been looking through the site and found it really interesting especially with the range of cars these days. Some great posts on technical stuff and a great cross section from all over the place. Would love to get my hands on an original Sierra Cosworth in moonstone blue or a Lotus 7 type replica in the future. See what happens.

It's been over 10 years since I last tinkered with engines mainly after having many classic Mini Cooper S's, a couple of Rover SD1's with 4.3 and 4.5 TVR Tuscan engines in them. Apart from these I never really had anything exotic as I always found more enjoyment with modifying and building rally and sprint & hillclimb engines. Had a garage/workshop tidy/clear out a couple of weeks ago and found so much stuff from various cars, I thought I'd sell what I don't use and buy a project car to spend some time on. 6 full engines including Ford Zetec 2.0, various Rover K Series, Saxo VTS/106 GTi, almost 25 cylinder heads from Golf GTi's (8v & 16v), Saxo VTS/106 GTi heads and engine plus Saxo VTR heads, Mi16 Rally head, 205 GTi heads, Dolomite Sprint 16v head, Rover 220 Turbo Coupe (Tomcat) head and about 5 BMW Mini Cooper S R53 heads with delivery mileage only. Even found my Serdi Micro 1000 and Uniclamp and my flexishaft head grinder. Could have sworn I'd sold them previously.

Used to own a Superflow SF120E with Flowcom many years ago and developed some very powerful and ultra reliable Rover K Series engines using the skills I'd learnt over 25 years in the aerospace and automotive industries. Sadly, I lost interest and picked up on my landscape and motorsport photography. If I empty the garage there'll be a space to fill. Anyway, I've gabbled on too much already and hopefully not bored you all to death. Lol!

Moderator+ Turbosport Moderator Longman's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Re: Newbie from Blackpool

Welcome to TS.

Be good to see what you end up with!

Bodger

Thanks

Welcome.

Pit Crew Turbosport Subscriber Stu.C's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Welcome to Turbosport Must be quite some garage you've got to have a tidy up and find that little lot

Out for a drive on a sunny spring day reminds me why I got this car

+ Reply to Thread