User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.6 Duratec. What is the difference?

Bodger

Thanks

1.6 Duratec. What is the difference?

I am after putting a 1.6 duratec in my car in rwd form but im not really sure what the difference is between the engine codes can anybody help?

I know the 1.6 duratec is just a rebadged slightly updated 1.6/1.7 Zetec SE or known as the sigma engine designed by Yamaha not to be confused with either the Zetec E or the Duratec 2.0 or bigger.

What I don’t understand is in the latest variant of the 1.6 Duratec/Sigma engine is the 4 letter code attached to them and what the differences are?

HXJA
    HXJB
    HXDA
    HWDA
    SHDA

I will be fitting one with the variable cams (TIVCT) I will be using individual throttle bodies and an OMEX ECU so not fussed if the only difference is the way ford tune them but if its better heads or different valves ect I want to know this before buying one so I can get the best one for power they all look the same from the pictures on adverts on ebay so cannot see an external difference apart from the ones with TIVCT

Cheers guys for your responses

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: 1.6 Duratec. What is the difference?

This is exactly the question I am looking for the answers for. Given its been 5 years since the OP asked, I would have hoped you or someone would have posted the answers to complete the question. anyone? TIA

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: 1.6 Duratec. What is the difference?

for the most part i dont actually know, sometimes different engine codes are just different power outputs with no actual difference in the engine itself, going by a lot of ford engine codes i see, the difference between HXJA and HXJB is most likely the gearbox, the first being mated to a manual the second to an auto

+ Reply to Thread