User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.8 cvh bottom pully - cossie management

Thanks

1.8 cvh bottom pully - cossie management

Hi all.

Just after a bit of advice.

I'm building a 1.9 rst with a couple of mates, and we're fitting cossie management while we're there as we have a few old cossie spares.

Everythings pritty much together at the momement (TB, dizzy all sensors and loom), but after reading a few articles from PF and FF on cossie managed rst's, they always say modified 1.8 bottom pully and sensor.

Now, we've had the pully milled down a bit for clearance, and got a washer made up, so that it sits inline with the 1.8 alternator, and the chassis leg is modded. But do we modify the teeth on the pully, as the cosworth only has 4, but this has quite a few (every cm or so).

So if anyone can help, or has a pic, i'd be most grateful

Regards

Austin

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: 1.8 cvh bottom pully - cossie management

Hello mate, i was going to do that route on mine, instead i welded 4 lugs to my bottom pulley, for some reason i couldnt get the 1.8 cvh pulley in between the inner wing??

anyway, what you need to do is remove the toothed bit of the pulley, and cut/file down all but 4 teeth, they should alll be at right angle to each other,. so 1 at TDC, then 45 degree another, 45 degree another, etc... then drill a couple of samll holes and tap them to accept a couple of grub screws that way you can set up TDC perfectly with the need to worry how you cut the teeth.

I have a pulley already modded, with the above if your interested, its just kicking about in my workshop, sort us out with a drink and postage and its yours

Thanks

Cheers Scott.

We've now cut the teeth off to leave them at 12, 3, 6 and 9 O'clock.

We did have to do a bit of welding here and there to make space on the chassis leg; as you say, there was no room before.

Now to try and get the thing started! grr

Many thanks!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Jano at odd kidd creations can supply you with all the bottom sensor set up and all the other items and brackets required for sensors if you need them. All the items are made to a high standard, componants are laser cut for accuracy.

www.oddkiddcreations.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread