hello all, new user here, longtime ford and pinto fan
I came across some posts on this forum about pintos and need some assistance finding parts.
I am located just north of Dallas and relocated from Los Angeles about a year ago..
I just acquired a cherry 73 pinto wagon, from Bakersfield, a desert car that the owner prevous owner had restored.
I am interested in upgrading the exhaust system and adding some dress up goodies to the engine such as cam cover and timing belt cover.
I bought a 72 pinto wagon new from the dealer.. Galpin in LA but sold it years ago.
I have been a ford fan all my life but in recent years have been driving and rebuilding mgb's
I am retired and got the pinto for a reliable daily driver, but want to spiff it up a bit and maybe do some park and shines.
I am also planning to fit a pair of SU HIF4 side drafts to the pinto using a factory mgb manifold and having a custom intermanifold made to adapt to the pinto head.
do you know of any sources for a header? i found one at summit racing but they say that it wont fit the 73 2.0 without modifying the motor mount.

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/2000cc--2300cc.html

I am also seeking some aluminum cam covers and timing belt covers.
does anyone know of sources for these?