User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parcel2go.com Never Again

Bodger

Thanks

Parcel2go.com Never Again

Right I need to vent my frustrations with the terrible service I am currently experiencing at the moment with parcel2go.com

I have up untill now never had a problem with having anything posted or couriered from the UK to Ireland

The story so far....

9th December 2015 - bought an item on ebay in the UK emailed the guy and told him I would arrange a courier to collect and bring to me in Ireland.

11th December 2015 - Seller waits in and the item is picked up and scanned on the tracking system to be delivered before 20th December 2015, no subsequent scan to say it was in transit or in depot ect.

7th January 2016 - For the last two weeks I have been continually told that they are looking into the matter via their terrible online "Live chat system". The claim system has awarded me a refund of the postage only so I am down €70. This really peeved me off as when booking it says "get cover upto £50 included". I have not canceled the payment for the item as I trust the seller had it picked up and it was me who arranged the courier not the seller.

I have since discovered it was Hermes who collected the package but the drive may have accidentally signed his scanner? and that it is now to long ago for the driver to remember the pick up.

5th January 2016 - I bought a cam shaft from ebay for £110 inc postage. this time he arrange the postage and to my horror it was Hermes who operate through parcel2go.com
    7th January 2016 - tracking system looks the same as it did on my first order saying "collected" .... I do hope this time they don't loose or break it.

So the moral of the story seems to be don't use Parcel2go.com / Hermes international.

To be continued......
    Last edited by seanyroche; 07-01-2016 at 17:54.

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Parcel2go.com Never Again

twice or 3 times the various couriers have "lost" my parcel (once a yodel parcel was taken from work by tnt! ) all have so far turned up (even the tnt kidnapped one lol) after a week or 2 with no tracking / useless intervention.

most others (lots) have been fine but my experience is that ups collect from drop point, whilst good value seems very shoddy to say the least.

Bodger

Thanks

my parcel was 70cm x 20 x 20 so its pretty big to just loose. I have narrowed it down to a female driver in the Maidenhead are working for Hermes....

Pole Position Decade Plus User Pushrod King's Avatar
    My Race Car
    Thanks

Hermes are NOT parcel2go, (p2g just use them) chances are the label has come off and the box is at a hub somewhere, your best bet is to contact Hermes directly giving them the tracking number that's on the label that p2go emailed you. https://www.myhermes.co.uk/RWD/help.html

Bodger

Thanks

It says on here's site all payments go through p2g.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Either way your contract is with parcel2go
    And they are not much help when it goes tits up
    The big carriers are not easy to deal with tho

Bodger

Thanks

Yeah parcel2go say they need to find out from hermes where it is but can't call them or ask them even though both companies are working from the same address. Anyway I feel I am fighting a loosing battle with them. All I can say is steer clear from parcel2go.com and pay a few pence more for royal mail or go to courier direct and cut out the middle men as you don't get any extra service from them.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

It's cheaper via p2g than direct Mad

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alladdin For This Useful Post:

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

dont think i would regard parcel force as being any better or more reliable. have to say ive used parcel to go numerous times never an issue

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alladdin View Post
    It's cheaper via p2g than direct Mad
    Cheaper is not always best

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

no, but my point is - its the same courier - p2g is only the agent. booking direct and paying more - its still lost by courier.

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    dont think i would regard parcel force as being any better or more reliable. have to say ive used parcel to go numerous times never an issue
    I have used them half a dozen times in Ireland / northern Ireland and never an issue. Problem with them is that now I have a problem they want to wash thir hands of it and do everything they can to make getting a solution as painful and drawn out as they can. Whofull customer support is all I have encountered in the last few weeks with no sign of any outcome.

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alladdin View Post
    no, but my point is - its the same courier - p2g is only the agent. booking direct and paying more - its still lost by courier.
    Cow boys Ted

Pole Position Decade Plus User freddy686868's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanyroche View Post
    Cheaper is not always best
    I always use p2g and i use the hermes shop drop off for small items. I must have posted 100+ items over the last year with them and not one problem. I do agree couriers can go tits up but it is just the way it is.

Thanks

Hermes are an absolute lottery, round here they are a nightmare. I live at number 17 and the delivered my parcel to number 64 because they couldnt find the building! I've had stuff dumped outside and they turn up at anytime.

I use paisley freight which are useless on the customer satisfaction side but at least its TNT or DHL doing the work

Mechanic

Thanks

I can't remember which courier it was but it was booked through p2go, i stayed in all day purposely for them to collect the parcel, no one came and when i checked they said no one was in for collection, lying gits, never put a card through the door as proof of visit though did they!
    Xmas 2014 one of the presents i bought from amazon entered my local yodel depot (it was recorded as arrived) but it sneaked out on its own as no one could find it when i went to collect it, so either it wasn't scanned and just thrown on a van or someone kept it as a nice pressie for themselves didn't they!!

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Had the same thing happen with Hermes and some how the driver signed to say he had delivered the item ! He definitely did not because I was at work 20 mile away.I contacted Hermes but they said it was returned to their depot as damaged ? They gave me a reference number some good that was when I phoned to find out where my parcel was they would not discuss it because I wasn't the sender ! Contacted eBay and PayPal who are both robbers !!! They both went in favour of the seller as it said it was delivered ! Utter tosh you Carnt trust none of them ��
    "hakuna matata"

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

I used them to send my axle to arrow auto engineering didn't have a problem to be honest. I thought they wouldn't take it as it was so heavy but no issues just the guy ended up walking like a crab to his van with it lol

Mechanic

Thanks

Don't ever use XDP Express to collect anything, they said they were coming saturday so stayed in no one came, they said they were coming yesterday so had to make sure someone was in, no one came and now there meant to be coming today between 11.17 - 2.17 & 2.00 - 5.00 surely its got to be third time lucky!!

Mechanic

Thanks

Yes third time lucky, the lying bastard said he came yesterday which wound me up even more, he had a right attitude as well.

Mechanic

Thanks

And just received two emails saying there coming today as well

+ Reply to Thread