User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brian Crower cams.

Bodger

Thanks

Brian Crower cams.

Im told that when used with ITBs and a good map fitting a set of Brian Crower cams will give good hp and torque gains. Does anyone out there have any experience of fitting them.

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Brian Crower cams.

Bumpety bump

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Brian Crower cams.

I did had a Brian Crower cam set (they currently only list one anymore) but could never test in my 2 ltr engine because it was accidental grind on the wrong base circle (they did apologize and refund but it was to late to order and other one). I did measured the profile.

What I can tell you about S2000 2Ltr and camshaft, I would only replace if you build a real screamer. The standard cam is already fast enough and engines torque is already very low. Possible you will find some extra horses in the very high RPM range, torque, no way, this engine has no torque at all. Possible because of the unusual long rods.

Later I did build a 2,4 ltr long stroke engine. This engine was crying for more duration and torque was a totally different story as the 2 ltr. I feel in a 2,4 ltr cams like the Brian Crower is a good option.

About ITB's, all kit's I've ever seen have way to big throttle bodies and all are using so called "full radius" trumpets. Totally rubbish, no pulse tuning as it can be with almost straight trumpets. If you do order a kit, at least replace the trumpets with "normal" shape straight trumpets.

+ Reply to Thread