User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Late to the fight

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Late to the fight

Looks like I am a little late to Zebec conversion game. But, not all bad, because of all the information that has become available.

I am in the process of installing a 2L silver top into a Lotus Elan Plus2 (these are cheap if they are missing an engine) and my learning curve is currently a vertical line. Being in the US, means that most of the needed parts are only available across the pond, which means the shipping costs are nearly the same as the cost of the parts themselves. So much for making it a economy conversion.

Not new to the fabricating game, as I have been building/modifying cars for SCCA racing for more years than I can count. And over the years, have accumulated lots of tools to feed my previous hobby.

There are a number of things that I am still trying to figure out, and will be asking questions in the appropriate sections of this forum.

Thanks to all, who have already answered a whole bunch of questions, and thanks to those, who will be filling in the gaps.

Rob

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Late to the fight

your in the right place

+ Reply to Thread