User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L6 ecu question

Thanks

L6 ecu question

Hey all, is the CO screw supposed to go around and around and around and never get to a stop in both clockwise or anticlockwise directions? I cannot adjust the fuel anymore when turning it

Thanks

Re: L6 ecu question

So after removing the CO Pot and testing the resistance range, I believe it isn't supposed to turn multiple times and never stop but need to know how many full revolutions it IS supposed to take to go from the lowest resistance to the 10K, I would pick 10? in total but before I can order a new Pot need that info plus wattage rating and any other details please if someone knows or could point me in the right direction?

thanks.

Racer Decade Plus User

My 1st Project
    Thanks

right the co pot is only designed to turn half a turn clockwise and half anticlock wise you are supposed to connect pectel monitor and zero the co pot then adjust co if you turn more than a whole turn either way there is a little tinny thin wire like a hair strand and it will break leaving you with no adjustment .
    Who dares wins PRO-ALLOY AGENT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe GSM View Post
    right the co pot is only designed to turn half a turn clockwise and half anticlock wise you are supposed to connect pectel monitor and zero the co pot then adjust co if you turn more than a whole turn either way there is a little tinny thin wire like a hair strand and it will break leaving you with no adjustment .
    Thank you joe!! We have tested it with an ohm meter and it still goes from .1 to 10 ohms but the little wire is definitely broken, do you think I could still use it if we set the dial at 0 resistance and put it back into the ECU, I would really like to replace it but when I have been searching for a replacement one they all say something like 1 turn in the specs or more etc if I just get a 10K pot that only turns a half in total what wattage or specs do I need when ordering or can you supply and send this pot to me if you carry or can order? I have given the numbers on it to a leading electronic components supplier and they don't stock this particular one and I just need to make sure I can get a direct replacement from somewhere.

Thanks

Ok so the ECU tests fine for adjustment,Lodge Auto Centre in Hastings are the cozzy guys over here and he has plugged my ECU into his 2wd cozzy and run it on an analyser machine with all mixture readings adjusting perfectly. He has suggested the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm may have split,plus other suggestions are testing voltage to ECU from MAP sensor at idle, also resistance readings from the coolant and air charge sensors, so once I get onto these I will update my problem. I'm picking the split diaphragm as the air charge and coolant sensors are brand new, but I was wrong on the ECU so we shall see

Thanks

Righto, so to close this off, no sensors or ECU were faulty it was the Phase sensor had shifted! Re-timed everything and back to smooth running phew!!
    thanks for the help to those that messaged back.

+ Reply to Thread